ID this ORA coral?

Re: ORA Blue tort looks like to me

Re: ORA Blue tort looks like to me

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9524416#post9524416 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gasman059
Here's mine it looks like it IMO( yours is beat up but b patient)

IMG_2348.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks i will give it time ;) going on a 5 day vacation that will help keep my from trimming it again

When you clipped off those tips did you clip ahead of the missing tissue or just at it. I always got a bit ahead of it when I do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9524640#post9524640 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shawnz28
When you clipped off those tips did you clip ahead of the missing tissue or just at it. I always got a bit ahead of it when I do.

not sure i usually try and get all the dead stuff but the branches are so thin its hard to get the fine points

i will get all the dead off before i go on vacation and see how i does
the PE is pretty good even some of the dying tips seem to have polyps coming out now

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9524426#post9524426 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
so you think its ORA Blue Green tort?

BTW, Shawnz28 the smaller frag you threw in is doing great but the bigger one continues to RTN should i clip the dead stuff again? Is only a couple tips so i was going to leave it a week see what it does

where do you have yours in the tank folks ?

Yes... I think it is the ORA Blue Green Tort. I have mine about 3/4 of the way up the rock in a medium flow area... It seems to really like the light and decent flow.

I would cut the dead off with a hint of healthy flesh to make sure you promote the growth of new coral...

heres mine tends to photo more purple then it really is but the teal polyps and long radial corallites that develope into axial are the give away:
tort2.jpg

Last edited:
turns out it was ora tort i found that out when i bought a third ORA tort frag and it was the same

Back