if you cant beat em-then i leavin em

lmh11706

i got 75lbs of live rock from tbs 4 weeks ago and 75 more on the way-beautiful rock-but i have at least 7 crabs in there-no not hermits but gorilla type-and you know what-im leavin them in-

i had a couple with my last tank and they grew pretty big-one almost the size of a big cookie but did no harm to anyone in my tank-and so far they are keeping to themselves

i also think i have a pistol shrimp in there not a mantis because yes i hear the popping but during the day too-they may be trying to scare off something else in there-plus i dont see any broken or empty hermit crab of snail shells so im hoping its a pistol

I've had sucess taking a tall glass and leaving it at a 45deg angle with some shrimp in the bottom under a few small rocks. set it out at night and the next day you'll have crabs in it.

Or, you can cut a two liter bottler in half and invert the top part into the bottom and bait it with shrimp. The crabs will walk in, not be able to climb the walls to get back out. Or you could just get yourself a mantis shrimp. =D lol

Or, you can cut a two liter bottler in half and invert the top part into the bottom and bait it with shrimp. The crabs will walk in, not be able to climb the walls to get back out. Or you could just get yourself a mantis shrimp. =D lol

The bottle trick works, got rid of all my pep shrimp this way & worked flawlessly.

The bottle trick works, got rid of all my pep shrimp this way & worked flawlessly.

Really? Did you just wait around until you saw them go in and then snatch them out? They are great swimmers. Mine flutter to the top of the tank during feeding time... not through the rockwork but through the water column.

Back