IkeLite Underwater Camera Housing Dive into (SPS Reef Aquarium) before NEW BUILD

Wally.B

IkeLite Camera Housing/Canon SX250(UW Video) ★ Dive into (SPS Reef Aquarium) before NEW TANK BUILD

HERE IS The Video of my 65 Gallon SPS Reef Tank that I just removed from my Office Wall. (Taking opportunity to Shoot the video Now I have all around access.

First attempt at shooting video, but good enough for me. Will improve/practice for future tank.
I left sound on camera and didn't edit/overlay with MUSIC since interesting sounds heard inside tank. REALLY CREEPY hearing the pings and pops, and water moving.

27197407149_375efa007b_c.jpg

Yeah I held my breath taking that photo with Camera on the edge.

★ YOU TUBE VIDEO LINK HERE ★ https://youtu.be/q-oql8-kczs

Video was taken using Ikelite Houseing and Canon SX240 Point and Shoot Camera (640x480)

Story behind the Video.

So I had a Flood in the basement. Ruptured Copper Pipe behind Drywall.

37752660434_740930469a_n.jpg

Caught and Stopped things In Time before water got into my Sump Room.
With Insurance covering the Repair work, I'm taking opportunity to fix up SUmp Room and Upgrade my In-Wall Office tank.

24621676608_a65134b69a_z.jpg

Spend last few days remove Tank, contents and Old Stand.

38885837602_b2dfe2ecac.jpg

27145288199_7faf9080fa_z.jpg

And Setup the OLD Tank Securely OLD 2x4 STAND Just Outside Sump Room, hooked into other side of SAME SUMP.

25054150158_56a83b3917_z.jpg

The new Tank will have a two Side Wall view.

When I had tank in hold area, realized I have all around Access to Shoot a video inside Tank.

WHEN NEW TANK ARRIVES (46x24x22 Perfect Fit-Receeded in wall more), The Sump room and Office wall will be ready, and I'll transfer things back.

Will start a Tank Build Thread Shortly.

Stay Tuned.

I'll post Thread here.

Nice video Wally.
Looking forward to the bigger tank!
I should get myself a waterproof camera.. easier than sitting a dslr in a viewing box..

Nice video Wally.
Looking forward to the bigger tank!
I should get myself a waterproof camera.. easier than sitting a dslr in a viewing box..

That video was so/so for my first practice attempt.
I found the sound picked up in water, was FOR ME the fascinating part.

The water keeps clearing up each day after the move.
So I'll do another VIDEO, with some stable hand practice.

Before you buy one of the point and shoot underwater cams do your research on reviews. Prior to getting the Ikelite, we did the same Reef Snorkeling in Turks the year earlier and used a MADE for underwater camera. The quality was terrible to such a degree that almost ZERO photo's were worthy of sharing beyond a foot or two (maybe ok for tank, maybe not).

We did get a high quality vacuum sleeve for and IPHONE on that first trip.
It worked great to seal the phone from Sand and take pictures above water, but as soon as the Iphone went under water it wouldn't focus. I researched and never figured it out, thus the Ikelite.

You might be better off getting a Ikelite for a better point and shoot.
Pricey new, but someone is always selling one used after doing a camera upgrade (since the Ikelites are custom for each camera)

I wouldn't go IkeLite for your SLR since I could barely fit in tight spots with the one I have. So SLR IkeLite would be even bigger, but hey your tank is huge and plenty of space, so my maybe Ikelite for your SLR (if you are keeping it for a while), might be a good option.

Back