I'm Moving.. What do I need to Do?

I just changed over to that sand lol... if you use all your old filter media (keeping it wet) and use as much of your old water as you can it would be more like a large water change...I would also add a few cups of your old sand just to seed the new sand to get some life in it a bit faster. IMO

I will be using everything I have current right now except for the sand. It's so tiny I can't have too much flow. I'm just afraid tha I might lose some of my SPS collection during the process.

Preplanning is the key. Use as much of the old water LR and sunstrate you can. If you are reaplacing substrate then dont use LS for this.
Use plastic containers or coolers to transport and whene tank is up and running leave lights out a day or two to help them adjust with less stress.
If done right no problems will arise. I saw a thread about a week ago that some guy did this but changed to LS and added it in. Well he crashed big time cause the tank recycled.
Best thing is use as much of the old water 70% if possible and you will be fine.

Back