IM Nuvo or Waterbox or Red Sea

Have the 425xl...excellent tank, plenty of space and can hold a variety of fish. Can't go wrong with Red Sea.

At the same time, the sump is terribly small. I have a Vertex 180i, while it will fit in the sump for the 425xl, it leaves extremely little space for a fudge area and reactors.

At the same time, the sump is terribly small. I have a Vertex 180i, while it will fit in the sump for the 425xl, it leaves extremely little space for a fudge area and reactors.
Do you have the V3 sump?
I am going to be using a cheato reactor so space for a fuge is not vital

Do you have the V3 sump?
I am going to be using a cheato reactor so space for a fuge is not vital

I haven't purchased yet. I'm debating between the 525xl and 425xl. The was my biggest concern with the 425, even with the v3 sump I think the 180i will only leave about 3 inches at the front of the sump.

I haven't purchased yet. I'm debating between the 525xl and 425xl. The was my biggest concern with the 425, even with the v3 sump I think the 180i will only leave about 3 inches at the front of the sump.

Okay gotcha.
Man I go back and fowarth on the 250 or 350. I like the lighting options better for the 250:
2 X AI Hydra 26 HD
1 Nanobox quad
1 reefbreeders photon V2+
1 Kessil AP700

350:
3 X AI Hydra 26 HD
2 X AI hydra 52 HD
1 Reefbreeders Photon V2+

Is the 180i properly sized for the 425? Seems larger than needed

Is the 180i properly sized for the 425? Seems larger than needed

It's over sized for lightly stocked, but would be manageable for a heavily stocked tank, which is what I would be going for. That problem is that I already have it, lol.

I'm almost completely made up that I will be going with the 525xl, I'm just concerned about the long term cost of salt. I'm trying to determine if I will be able to get away with a small bucket of red sea per month. I think I could swallow that.

Back