I'm propogating neon green Sinularia

whiterushen

I just started propagating neon green sinularia. I started by seperating a large mother plant into 5 medium sized plants. I'll soon start amking 2" by 3" size frags from all the plants to sell on my local reef group. I'll update here how the progress goes

I just started propagating neon green sinularia. I started by seperating a large mother plant into 5 medium sized plants. I'll soon start amking 2" by 3" size frags from all the plants to sell on my local reef group. I'll update here how the progress goes

Great idea, this hobby needs all the Aqua Culture it can get.
It won't be long off now before taking any corals from the sea is banned everywhere.

Good luck!

Great to see more aqua-culture! And so we are all on the same page, corals are animals - not plants.
Cheers! Mark

apoligize for the mis representation daddio

apoligize for the mis representation daddio

I use a lot of slang when i talk reef talk--- i tend to not use the scientific terms so much. I do refer to some of my corals as plants sometimes just to throw it out there--- i understand all of my stoney and soft corals are living animals. This is my first time raising either animals so im going to make a lot of mis-reference mistakes. :)

I agree with you Uncle 99

I agree with you Uncle 99

I do believe full banning of acquiring corals in the wild should be done--- theres no reason we need to get wild corals when they can be propogated in captivity

I use a lot of slang when i talk reef talk--- i tend to not use the scientific terms so much. I do refer to some of my corals as plants sometimes just to throw it out there--- i understand all of my stoney and soft corals are living animals. This is my first time raising either animals so im going to make a lot of mis-reference mistakes. :)
No worries! My son and I propagate a ton of coral in our 7 reef tanks and sell them really really cheap to fellow hobbyists. We almost always have over 200 frags healed and ready.
Cheers! Mark

Thank you for your contributions to the hobby Daddio

Thank you for your contributions to the hobby Daddio

Thats good to hear Daddio---appreciate your contributions to the hobby. I'm a babe back into the hobby for only 3 months---and completely new to fragging corals as I just started the last 2 weeks.

Back