Inexpensive LED strip light for refugium?

Fazm79

Making a 5g refugium in my sump and need an inexpensive LED light for it. Total length is 15" so figured 12-14" would suffice. I have an office LED desk lamp (variable from 4500 to 6500k), and was thinking of retrofitting a similar lamp to the refugium. I am worried about the heat transfer. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what they have used in the past. I would like a strip light instead of a LED screw in bulb as I can keep the strip closer to the refugium and prevent extra light from scattering to the rest of the sump.

How much light do you want? IMO I want more light than most inexpensive LED light strips will provide. A par 38 20 watt screw in bulb is going to be the best bang for the buck.

A DIY system is going to be right up there as well. I considered doing a DIY 15 to 20 LED lamp system on my fuge.

Ultimately I spent more money and went with BML. I ended up spending like $160 for my fuge light. Though I wanted a decent amount of light, as I feel it is important to light the fuge a good amount.

looking to get as much light as a par 38 just don't want a screw in solution but rather a strip light solution.

Was contemplating rigging something like this light

You would need two of those to compete with a par 38. At that price I feel like there are cleaner options (BML would be more expensive, but IMO better).

Back