Is RODI going into a pressurized storage tank OK?

surprise

I have recently purchased a Typhoon III RODI unit and a 3.2 gallon pressurized storage tank for the drinking water. I am really impressed with this setup and the convenience on the RO side and would like to have 3.2 gallons of RODI always ready to go as well, obviously in two tanks though. Is there any problem in storing RODI water in a pressurized storage tank?

Also should the flow of RO water be:
1. From the unit
2. Through the check valve
3. Into a t-valve that separated the water to the outlet and holding tank.

Or:
1. From the unit
2. Into the T-connection
3. One tee connection to the tank
4. The other connection to the check valve then to the outlet.

Thanks!

I run my RO only water into two pressure tanks for a total of 6.5 to 7 gallons of pressurized water on hand at any time. THe RO/DI and tanks are located in my garage which shares a common wall with my kitchen. From the tanks it goes to several places. One line goes to the kitchen sink with a RO drinking water faucet and on to the icemaker for crystal clear ice cubes! Another line goes to my garage laundry sink where I have another RO faucet located for things like washing cars, pet water etc. A third line goes to the DI canister so I can use up to 7 gallons of DI water within just 10 minutes or so without waiting. I fill 5G drinking water jugs with DI water at the laundry sink so I don't spill water on the kitchen floor anymore! The wife appreciates that.
There is nothing wrong with storing DI water in the pressure tank but I wanted RO only for other uses so chose to do it the way I did. Pressure tanks are NSF rated for drinking water but I would occasionally test your DI from both the tank and directly from the DI filter just to make sure the epoxy coating in the tank has not been compromised. DI water is pretty agressive and wants to attract all sorts of things.

Back