Is there a "season" for buying macroalgae?

smootie

I've been searching for macros for my new tank and it seems that most species other than the very common ones like chaeto and gracilaria are sold out on GCE, LA Reefs, LiveAquaria, etc.

Is this normal or am I just trying to buy macros at the wrong time?

What are you looking for that is desirable from your point of view.

GCE has more than what you mentioned. Your question asked if their was a season for seaweed. Summer is the most abundant season.

I just placed an order with GCE and they were out of ulva which is pretty common and usually in stock. You could shoot them an email requesting they collect some of what you want.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems was awesome to work with.
Give him a call and see what he might have in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just placed an order with GCE and they were out of ulva which is pretty common and usually in stock. You could shoot them an email requesting they collect some of what you want.

Reef Cleaners has ulva in stock if you are still looking for it!

I have Ulva growing on Gracilaria Hayi. I threw it in the 150G Rubbermade tanks outside, to be cleaned by the pod brothers and cousins.

I have Ulva growing on Gracilaria Hayi. I threw it in the 150G Rubbermade tanks outside, to be cleaned by the pod brothers and cousins.
I have a bit growing too. I was hoping to place some in here. It looks way too clean.

Attachments

• Fuge.jpg
    Fuge.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
Back