Is there a use for waterchange water?

Space permitting .... set up a tank and fill it with water & tons of live rock and some live sand including macro-algae leaving enough room to add the water from your monthly change ..... the size of the tank should be at least four times what your monthly water changes add up too, but bigger is even better ...... maintain the tank as you would any healthy aquarium minus any expensive filters or gadgets and keep the water circulation very high .... let the live rock & algae do it's thing and enjoy what materializes ..... when you do the first water change after setting up this tank ... put the waste water into it ....... and the second time you do a water change ... use the water in this tank to replacie what you removeand put the "new" old water into the live rock tank ..... suffice it to say that keeping the exchange water tank healthy is very important (but easy) even to the extent of adding supplements ... and will make a surprisingly enjoyable aquarium with other unique possibilities unto itself! Besides saving you tons of money over the long haul.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6676193#post6676193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
Put the used saltwater in a small bucket and put it on top of a slightly opened door. works every time and much better than normal water.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6766145#post6766145 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralights
you could also brush your teeth with it :)

Eww, just think about what is in that water!!

Why not sell it to hair product companies in that case, they keep coming out with sprays that have 'ocean water' in them to give you that day at the beach look.

Eww, just think about what is in that water!!

double ewwww! ... just think about what's in our mouths! :)

"Why not sell it to hair product companies in that case, they keep coming out with sprays that have 'ocean water' in them to give you that day at the beach look"

hmmmm ..... i love the smell of ocean water in hair .... and napalm in the morning :)

You could use it to wash out fresh cuts on your hands. Maybe make a nasal spray for someone special.

Personally I liked the fill a large container with it and LR and see what happens

I realize the washing out cuts comment was probably just a joke id like to mention that the water could contain toxins from the corals that would be really bad (possibly deadly) so i wouldnt advise that. Just thought id mention it incase someone took it seriously.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6785550#post6785550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ti
boil it till it evaporattes , then use the "sea salt" as food seasoning. :p
Good one! But- sell it in teeny bottles for an outrageous amount of money. Specially processed sea salt in designer flavors:
tanks with cowfish would yield salt for steaks
hogfish for pork
tangs for vegetarian salt
etc

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826419#post6826419 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FSOL
wash your car w/ it :)

Bad idea. Soap doesn't get "sudsy" in salt water, and more importantly, the salt is not good for your car.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826894#post6826894 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FSOL
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is one of many things that don't convey well in this medium. You have to understand that you are talking to people that might not know better than to wash their car in dirty salt water.
Case in point, all those people you see lined up for a car wash a few days after a big snow storm. Cars run through with road salt all over them. the water is reused time and time again, effectively coating every car it touches with road salt.
So what we have here now, is 4 posts in a row that are basically nothing more than a waste of bandwith, and have gotten the original poster no closer to the answer to his question.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6829734#post6829734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DgenR8
Sarcasm is one of many things that don't convey well in this medium. You have to understand that you are talking to people that might not know better than to wash their car in dirty salt water.
Case in point, all those people you see lined up for a car wash a few days after a big snow storm. Cars run through with road salt all over them. the water is reused time and time again, effectively coating every car it touches with road salt.
So what we have here now, is 4 posts in a row that are basically nothing more than a waste of bandwith, and have gotten the original poster no closer to the answer to his question.

Thank you, Very well stated. I guess I was asking for it when I started this thread.

then why is everyone else being sarcastic i doubt you could seriously find any good use for old saltwater Gah why does everyone on here have to jump down everyone elses throats people need to get along

Back