Is there any way to mitigate a loss on selling unused equipment?

djryan2000

Long story short I started setting up a 40 gal for a reef and now am having second thoughts because the space in my room is so limited - and I'm setting up the 20 gal to be a reef and am satisfied and love it.
I spent a lot of money buying new equipment (noob move), mainly from amazon (not knowing my LFS keeps equipment in a back room). I can't return it since I'm past the return date. I'm considering going through with it and being cramped but would like to try to get rid of a lot of the equipment (miner dry rock, reef breeder lights, INT110 reef octo skimmer ect..) with minimal financial loss.

According to how much you spend with amazon and how far past the return date you are, you may be able to call or chat with them and beg for an exception to allow you to return the items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make it clear to buyers that your equipment is new in box and hope for the best..
Welcome to life..

Contact Amazon customer service. My wife contacted them about an item I bought over 6 months ago and managed to setup a return. It may be a 10% restocking fee, but better than the bigger loss on trying to re-sell the items or trade.

If it's NIB, you could probably get 80%.

If you're amazon prime, I would get on a chat session with them.

Try posting to your local fish club site if you have one or the various marketplaces. Might take a while but eventually, you will get someone to pay a fair price for your stuff.

Back