Issue with my giant mushroom

BubbaBoBobBrain

I have an issue with my giant hairy shroom. I'm not sure if its sick and dying, ****es off because my clowns recently starting hosting it, or it is splitting. I have never seen a nem or shroom split so it could be that but I'm not sure so I figured I would ask for some help. The mouth is stretched out pretty wide but not in a circle its more stretched out on top and bottom and skinny on the sides which makes me hope its just splitting. I couldn't get any real good pics because the lights are too bright but here they are.

Here is the whole shroom
2012-08-30_18-58-33_586.jpg

And here is the best close-up I could get of the opened mouth
2012-08-30_18-58-41_213.jpg

Thanks Jack but if this guy drops dead I will keep the real estate for something other than a shroom. The only reason I kept this one is because my wife likes it. This thing is like the size of a basketball when it stretches out all the way.

Thanks guys I hope it lives too. If it does split Ron you are definitely first in line, lol. I really don't have room for 2 of these guys, lol. And Deana, you would remember seeing it if you were looking at my tank again. Its right in the front where my clowns hang out.

PS, I have 5, all from 1 parent and that's how they split. Keep the flow up to prevent infection. Every intentional fragging attempt by me has failed sadly.

Pm sent to captainfester, and if any of y'all would be willing to sell your spares of this shroom, I'm buying!

Is it really that color? I have hairy mushrooms that are taking over my tank, but they are just a neon green. They open to about 4" in diameter. I have been giving them away because I am out of room. I have never seen one as colorful as yours. You're lucky.

Thanks Goby, it is the real color. It is neon green with brownish purple bumps. I'm not even sure what type of mushroom it really is but when this guy stretches out its like the size of a basketball.

Hey Rich, I have two sons leaving for school this week so later in the week will be better.

I don't think Bubba's is a hairy mushroom. I think it might be a yuma ricordia. My hairy mushrooms don't split that way, they just multiply like weeds. However, the other day I noticed my ric stretching like that, and this morning I have two. :)

I doubt my shroom is a ric because its the size of a basketball when stretched out. And if it is splitting it sure is taking its time. Looking at it this morning it still looks like hell but it is getting thinner in the middle, so who knows. Looks like I'm just gonna have to wait it out.

Back