It's time Tucson/Sierra Vista's first auction of 2008...

SahuaritaMike

.Registered Member
It’s back!!!! Reef Centrals’ Tucson/Sierra Vista frag auction and sale extravaganza.

Our first auction of 2008 is on January 13 at 1:30pm, hosted by LovelyLinda…

Address-10597 E. Oakbrook St. Cross streets- Houghton and Valencia.

Featuring her awesome 125gal aquarium.

LL2.jpg

LL1.jpg

(took the pics from your gallery LOL hope it looks the same)

Everyone is welcome including the kids… House is not “child proof” but will be a safe environment. Lovelylida has offered
To make snacks as well as Scott (cerreta). SahuaritaMike will be providing the door prizes so make sure you grab a raffle
Ticket.

Ideas of a white elephant were thrown around and if you wish on participating please speak up. You can pm me as well
If you don’t want to post.

You don’t have to sell to come along heck you don’t have to buy just come hang out with us and have a good time.

Non alcoholic berverages will be available and BYOB if you want anything else…

If you wish to bring something to contribute please post it here…

Can’t wait to see you all on Sunday

SahuaritaMike

Ps- If I got any info wrong up there please correct me.

Well looks like ill be showing up! My father has also offered to be the BBQ cook if any of you are intrested. He was always cooking for us at Gary's.

~Brian

I might be able to make it. Linda's house is about 45 minutes from mine so I guess it just depends on how much time I can devote. My tank is new so I have nothing to bring fro sale or trade but I might buys some stuff. Cheers!

Thanks for hosting LovelyLinda!! I will be there with my son. This new tank I have is "ours." Nothing to trade or sell, but if our tank is ready before then we'll hopefully buy something to put in it. See you all there.

Its one heck of a drive(I live at cortaro and silverbell) but I will try to make it and will have stuff for the auction.

You better make it Chris, most of my frags come from you and they are growing quite nicely. I also like the way you mount them, so for sure I'll be there.

GUEST AT JANUARY SWAP

GUEST AT JANUARY SWAP

Frank Burr, owner of The Coral Oasis (Coral Farm) and Tropical Reef Oasis (Retail Store) has offered to stop by and visit us down here in Tucson on the 13th at Lindas. We haven't seen Frank in awhile so this will be a great kickoff for the year. I've asked Frank if he would put on a small presentation for us or just spend some time answering questions. Frank will also be speaking at the International Marine Aquarium Conference-2008 in Chicago this year. Lets give frank a good showing!!

http://www.theimac.org/fburr2008.htm

Update

Update

Frank, who is speaking at many different functions this year, has forwarned me recently that he may or may not be able to attend. Trying to make previously scheduled arrangements in the Phoenix area he will do his best to try and swing down to Tucson before the long ride home to Cally. Lets thank Frank for the offer and bring him down whenever we can this year.

Since Frank could not make it to the event, I am willing to present a short topic on monitoring water quality and the significance of Calcium and Alkalinty. Let me know if there is an interest.

If so, I will also bring some test kits and everyone is welcome to bring a sample of water for testing. Bring at least 50cc of water with no corals in that sample.

I will also provide some RC links for review and online calculators that serve as a good resource.

Here is a sampling of what I may bring. If you see something of interest, mention it. All my bids will start at $1 unless otherwise stated.

Any corals that I bought from Vince will only be brought if he is not bringing it.

First up is an Orange and Teal Tiger Scolemia. Price is $100. I paid more and I have had it for over a year. It eats shrimp about once a month and gets fed with other stuff weekly. Matt has dibs on this coral. If he does not want it then the next interested party can buy it. This LPS has a 4x3 skeleton and inflates to about 5x6 in my nano tank. It needs a bigger home! It reaches out and touches everything near it. It is a low threat to other corals. Will make any reef tank that much better. This is a show piece coral.

3-22-07TestPhotosonDayone021.jpg

NanoTank1-10-08088Scoly.jpg

Pink Zoos
NanoTank1-10-08030PinkZoos.jpg

Tyree LE Green Birds Nest â€"œ From Vince â€"œ I won’t bring this if he is bringing some. But I have had this frag for about 4 months and it grows very fast. It is five + times the original size.
NanoTank1-10-08061LEGreenBirdsNest.jpg

Pink Birds Nest from Vince. Good grower, but not as fast as the one above. I got them both at the same time. They are right next to each other in the tank.
1-10-08012PinkBirdsNest.jpg

Armegeddon palythoa Will likely only bring one polyp and bidding will start at $15. These are large nickel sized heads and stalks about 1” long.
NanoTank1-10-08047Armegedon.jpg

Purple Montipora digitata. This coral grows fast but is mostly brown at the present time. I have had this coral become a super bright purple, but it tends to be light sensitive and I have not found the right spot for it in my tank. I will have plenty of frags.
NanoTank1-10-08055Purpledigitata.jpg

Organ Pipe. I started with a ½” frag and just look at it now. I have had this about 10 months. I will have several frags starting at a buck.
NanoTank1-10-08036OrganPipe.jpg

Acropora accules another coral from Vince. Same rule applies, if he is bringing some, I won’t.
NanoTank1-10-08036AculeusVince.jpg

This Hydnophora is the highly sought after morph with bright green coloration. I kept a frag of it from the 10” colony in my 110tall. It originally came from Ed’s sps reef. It grows fast and takes on a multitude of shapes. I will have a frag or two.
NanoTank1-10-08012Hydnophora.jpg

1-10-08014Hydnophoroa.jpg

Baby Blues
1-10-08BabyBlues.jpg

Cepitularia from Vince. I’m not bringing any, just showing a picture of how nice it looks. It is now two stalks and grows faster than expected in my tank. If you want this blue xenia, ask Vince he has loads of the rare coral. This stuff sells for over $100 a stalk at most stores.
1-10-08063Cepistula.jpg

Green Platy LPS (have to look up name later). Not sure if I will bring this. Not cheap, so let me know if interested.
1-10-08057Platy.jpg

This is what it looked like about a year ago.
3-22-07TestPhotosonDayone010.jpg

Green Slimer Acropora yongi from Vince. Nice growth in three months.
1-10-08051YongiVince.jpg

Green-Teal Acro
1-10-08048Teal-GreenAcro.jpg

Fire and Ice from Vince
1-10-08046FireIce.jpg

Tubbs blue zoos. I have had this colony for about a year and it grows extremely slow for me. Likely only to bring 2-3 polyps on a single plug. Starting bid will be $20

Rose hairy Millipora. I have had this coral for about two years. The color is nice and getting better all the time. I will have a couple nice size frags of this.
1-10-08035RoseMillipora.jpg

1-10-08025RoseMillepora.jpg

Teal Staghorn Acropora. Nice color nice growth. One or two frags available.
1-10-08034TealAcro.jpg

Green Slimer Acropora yongi. Few corals offer better color than this! This colony has awesome color and has recently had an explosion of growth. This specimen came from the Show Only tank at Pets Inc in Phoenix. If anyone has seen that colony they know exactly what this coral is. They occasionally break off pieces during cleaning of the tank. I happened to be there at the right time and know the right people. I will likely have one frag of this. No reason to start the bid more than $1, everyone will want this one.
1-10-08033Yongi.jpg

Ed’s California ORA Blue Tort. This coral has taken on a deep green hue on the trunk with bright blue tips. Likely only to bring one small frag, starting at $25

Eagle Eyes. Big polyp zoanthids
1-10-08031EagleEyes.jpg

Tubbs blue zoos. I have had this colony for about a year and it grows extremely slow for me. Likely only to bring 2-3 polyps on a single plug. Starting bid will be $20
1-10-08036BlueZoos.jpg

Shopping list thus far....

Pink Zoos (my 4 yr old keeps demanding pink in the tank and I have a couple of pink polyps that could use some friends)
Green Birds Nest
Purple Monti
Fire & Ice
Teal Stag
Eagle Eyes
and MAYBE the Tubbs Blues (have to think on that one).

I can't wait to meet you guys and have some faces to go with the names. It's my wifes B-day on Sunday but luckily for me she'll be at church with the kids.:D

Oops forgot this one too:

Ed’s California ORA Blue Tort. This coral has taken on a deep green hue on the trunk with bright blue tips. Likely only to bring one small frag, starting at $25
1-10-08032BlueTort.jpg

I do not have pics yet but here is what I have fragged this month
-Green Bay Packer zoas
-Forest green zoas
-lunar paly's
-colt leather
-pulsing xenia
-green fuzzy shrooms

all was mounted jan 1st so has had plenty of heal time
at least one of each will be up for auction

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11572365#post11572365 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cerreta
Since Frank could not make it to the event

I had not actually made that decision until I saw the post, it was still up in the air. but since I didn't get a response to my offer of a Q&A session or mini-presentation on something, I figure no one is interested.

Back