Jan 2 Zero drive up to Jofish

zeroinverse

I am heading up in next hour. Leaving around 10am. Anyone want anything from my tank?

I know, sort of last minute asking if anyone needs anything... Just thought I'd ask.

Dragon's breath macroalgae, chaeto, Zoas? Either buy or trade?

Hey I'm going to be ridding myself of my chaetomorpha in the next few days if someone is interested. About half a basketball size ball.

Hey I'm going to be ridding myself of my chaetomorpha in the next few days if someone is interested. About half a basketball size ball.

I could use a tennis ball sized hunk if it's available!

Are you getting rid of it or is it just trimming time?

I could use a tennis ball sized hunk if it's available!

Are you getting rid of it or is it just trimming time?

I'm going to be putting in an algae turf scrubber I already built so the chaetomorpha has to go. If not the ATS will drain its food source and the chaetomorpha will die.

I got it all wood let me know when it's a good time I can drop it off too.

I'm going to be putting in an algae turf scrubber I already built so the chaetomorpha has to go. If not the ATS will drain its food source and the chaetomorpha will die.

I got it all wood let me know when it's a good time I can drop it off too.

Why use an ATS vs chaeto? They function similar with ATS having slightly higher nitrate/phosphate uptake, but more mechanical parts so more prone to problems unless you build it so any overflow dumps back into tank without any problems.

Just curious why the choice for you.
I plan to keep chaeto & other macro in sump of my main tank with skimmer for waste capture.

My prop system will have ATS for the plankton to feed my corals... In my reverse sump surge+ATS setup.

Why use an ATS vs chaeto? They function similar with ATS having slightly higher nitrate/phosphate uptake, but more mechanical parts so more prone to problems unless you build it so any overflow dumps back into tank without any problems.

Just curious why the choice for you.
I plan to keep chaeto & other macro in sump of my main tank with skimmer for waste capture.

My prop system will have ATS for the plankton to feed my corals... In my reverse sump surge+ATS setup.

I just think that the space the chaetomorpha is using would be more better used for my 7 mangroves so I can spread them out more. Right now they're just in the corner of my sumps middle chamber. As for the ATS it will sit over the baffles between the drain (first chamber) and refugium (middle chamber). The pump will also be in my first chamber and pull water from there then the scrubber part will dump into my refugium right next to my mangroves.

Back