Japanese neon green Toadstool

How much light are you all using because some of the pics show long polyps but mine are low. Cap is size of qrt, have it on sand bed with 2 AI sol at no more than 50%.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3
How much light are you all using because some of the pics show long polyps but mine are low. Cap is size of qrt, have it on sand bed with 2 AI sol at no more than 50%.

Hope your coral is still doing well. The piece I got from zepp says they like a lot of light. I have mine on the upper third of my tank.

I just got one size of a nickel 2 days ago. Very bright.. Polyps have not extended yet.. I place it 3/4 up on a ledge.. Can't wait too see it open!

Reviving this old thread, this is my Japanese toadstool;

This is a closer look at the cap;

Small video of it;

Last edited:
I love me some softies, I have a Tyree Green Polyp that about the size of a baseball now. grew it from a frag a buddy ripped off his colony 3 years ago.

Bumping this thread.

I still have the toadie I bought from zeppelin a few years ago. It still has the brilliant green polyps as well as the bright green cap (even with the polyps extended). The cap has grown rather large although the trunk or stem is quite short. I would estimate the cap to be 5" to 6". It is the centerpiece in my tank, I have it placed in the lower 1/3 of my tank where it gets plenty of light from my LEDs. Beautiful coral......

Heads up on those with a bright green cap: mine turned white. The polyps are still neon green as ever though. Maybe my light wasn't bright enough?

Back