JBJ 30G Rimless cube - SPS

Tek

Mr. Vu
It has been awhile since my 65G tank crash and reefing, but it feels great to be back.

I will post pics up when time permits.

Just wanted to thank Jeff3D for getting me back into talking fish/reef which we do almost daily.

SoonerPuffer for helping me get to a good start with some awesome SPS frags.

And Bill at Custom Reef Creations for even more small colonies of SPS and frags. Finally a place with good corals, nice SPS, and healthy fish without having to go online.

All in one simplicity.

20121110_144455.jpg

Auto top off and feed tubing.

20121112_025707.jpg

I purchased a 120W fixture on Ebay with 3W LEDs. I had it running at 70% and a few corals didn't like it so now I have it at 30% with the second bank of actinics off and slowing upping it. I still need to make a mount for it since right now it is sitting 1" above the water line on supports.

A bit overkill on lighting but it is dimmable and I can always use it on a larger tank if the need to upgrade comes around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280989848866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ones with optics which I saw after are here. I really don't need optics with the depth of this tank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281004271627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

20121206_232240.jpg

Hazaa! Looking good.

I have a few interesting pieces of live rock if you are looking for some. Just throwing that out there. :)

How do you like the lights? I've been thinking about getting the ones you have but have not had the guts to pull the trigger.

MY SPS have kept their colors and growth has been good. The frags I have were all under T5s previously. I have only had the tank and lights up for a month.

The only problem I had was with a birds nest bleaching because I had the lights turned up to high. I have since dimmed it down and moved the birds nest further out and the colors are returning. My other corals and clam loved the extra lighting. I am running it now at 30% and slowly upping it each week. Even at 30% it is enough light since the tank is shallow.

The lights are well built and the fans are not loud. I may be picking up a few more for my 70G to replace the 250W MH.

How do you like the lights? I've been thinking about getting the ones you have but have not had the guts to pull the trigger.

Back