Jebao WP25 killing my small fish

i see a pro and con with this thread....

your QT fish at the moment, then buy more fish and put them directly into the tank since your have other fish in QT? so whats the purpose of QT the fish that are in the QT tank now? isnt the point of a QT is to protect the main display?? seems like an oxymoron type thing if you ask me..

but i do have a more serious question, do you have any aggressive fish in the tank that can poss be beating and stressing the new additions, and causing them to become weak then get sucked in by the powerhead. cause i can see a healthy fish at first getting worn down over a couple days by an aggressive fish then being chased near the powerheads then getting stuck, that makes complete sense to me...

by the way, beautiful tank too. love the gorgs...

i see a pro and con with this thread....

your QT fish at the moment, then buy more fish and put them directly into the tank since your have other fish in QT? so whats the purpose of QT the fish that are in the QT tank now? isnt the point of a QT is to protect the main display?? seems like an oxymoron type thing if you ask me..

but i do have a more serious question, do you have any aggressive fish in the tank that can poss be beating and stressing the new additions, and causing them to become weak then get sucked in by the powerhead. cause i can see a healthy fish at first getting worn down over a couple days by an aggressive fish then being chased near the powerheads then getting stuck, that makes complete sense to me...

by the way, beautiful tank too. love the gorgs...

No I dont have any aggressive fish, just what you see in the picture. A yellow tang, four chromis and two orange skunk they all mind there business. So no thats not the problem. Also I see the pump marks! These fish have die over six months. I didnt have a qt tank them. I kept my fish for 9 years without loosing one, so I was lucky too. And like most of you though I knew this stuff. I have done my share of stupid things I should have never done like buying a Naso tang with velvet that kill all my fish but the yellow tang. They were all 7 to 9 years old. He is like 11 years old as he has been with me for 10 and was big already when I got him.
What I am trying to say is just because it hasn't happen to you it doesn't meant it never will. Take my advice and be carful.

Last edited:
Is still kind of weird, I don't think healthy fish would get into there.
As others said you should run your pump on a constant mode so it doesn't fall back on speed. That would end of the chance of the fish getting into it.

But on the other hand I do understand you, you know sometimes when my power goes down, I can see my blennys sitting inside the pump and that is bad.

Yeah the only fish you should be losing is a blenny. Some of the blennys are stupid enough to try and sleep in the powerheads. I had a canary blenny that rolled the dice every night and finally paid the price LOL

That made me laugh out loud. I have a bi-color blenny that I actually found lying inside my WP25, which is how I figured out it wasn't working (stupid me had accidentally disconnected the power controller).

Scooted him out of there, and plugged it back in.

I add my thoughts to those who think something else is up. I have a 55 gallon with a single WP25, and other than the blenny checking it out and eating algae off it, I have never had anything get sucked into it.

Back