July Meet

Anyone wanna carpool? I have a 2005 Kia Sedona. I can go through Bangor and take the interstate if anyone wants instead of going straight 1A to Augusta.

:)
Laurie

Bummer Matt. Have you moved?

Laurie, are you coming to my house first?

Anyone else going on saturday? So far I think its Laurie, Driftwood and spouse, Dave and maybe Nancy from Golden Lamb, 2 other folks from Harpswell, and ???
I'm not good with names and not much better with your RC names...

I can post directions to my house tomorrow for those who are coming here. I live in Pittston.

Crackers, etc will be available but you might want to bring your own lunch.

Jason

That's a dang good question Jason. I would love to come to your house first, especially if it is only 20 min away from the Aquarium anyhow... I like to see other people's tanks! (Provided it's easy to find... we won't speak about the last time I got lost)

:)
Laurie

Don't want to hijack the thred, but yes I am building my own garage. Nothing compared to what DanL is up to.

I have moved much of my stuff and last night set up my spare tank in the basement of the new place. Hopefull the water will be clear this evening. I hope to get the sump, propagation tray, and skimmer going today linked in today. Move corals the next couple days. May get rid of my big fish and eel.

ok, here are some directions.
For those that are coming to my house:

from the north: take the interstate south to augusta and get off the Civic Center exit/ Augusta Belgrade exit. This is also the exit for Rt. 27. Turn left off the exit and go past the Civic Center (it will be on your right). Stay straight until you come to the traffic circle (about 5 miles or so). You will want the second exit off the circle, still on Rt. 27 headed for Hallowell/ Gardiner. You will soon see the capital building on your right. Stay on this road down through Hallowell, Farmingdale, and into Gardiner (about 8 miles). Once in Gardiner, turn left on the bridge to cross the Kennebec river, still following Rt. 27. Once you cross the bridge, turn right. You will still be on Rt 27, headed for Wiscasset. Once you turn off the bridge, go 2.6 miles. My house is a red raised ranch on the left side of the road. There is a red fence by the road. Only red fence around. There is a cemetery across the street as well. Numbers on the mail box and fence are 416.

From the south:
Take interstate (I-295) to Brunswick and exit off on the Rt 1 exit. Take Rt 1 north to Wiscasset. Before you reach the downtown area of Wiscasset, turn left on Rt 27 North (Augusta). It is next to the firestation. Go on rt. 27 for 12 miles or so through Dresden and into Pittston. There will be a store on top of a hill (on the right) called Troops Variety. My house is about 1.5 miles after the store, on the right. Route 1 traffic may be bad if you come this way.
OR:
Take I 295 to Gardiner (Rt 201) and exit right. Take Rt 201 into Gardiner. Once you reach the bridge that crosses the Kennebec, go straight. Turn right after crossing the bridge and go 2.6 miles to my house.

For those meeting at my house, show up around 12 noon or so. We should leave my house by 12:45 to get to Boothbay. If anyone wants to meet at the firestation in Wiscasset, we will be there around 1:00 or 1:15.

Things to bring:
I will have some munchies at the house, but you might want to bring a lunch. Long handled aquarium nets if you have some. Waders or rubber boats if you have them. A cooler for your shrimp if you want to take some home. The weather sounds good for saturday. We will poke around the weeds and rocks along the shoreline to hunt for critters right behind the dmr lab. I'll show you where I caught my butterfly too. Maybe there is another one?
we can got through the DMR aquarium after the shrimp collection as well. Admission is $2.50 per person.

Here are directions to the lab in case someone gets lost:
http://www.maine.gov/dmr/rm/aquariu..._directions.htm

we can figure out the carpool thing once everyone is here.

If anyone has any questions, post them here, or call me @ 588-2588.

Hope to see you all saturday!
Jason

Woohoo, Jason that was AWESOME! We had a great time. Alyssa came home and showed off all her hermits and crabs to her father, and was full of talk about petting sharks and "That cool fish man who fished for starfish". She told her dad she was going back with you next week. T-shirt was forgotten history next to your rubber pants! LOL

I'll post pics in a different thread so everyone can see.

THANK YOU JASON!!!!!!!!

Laurie and Alyssa Smith

Back