June 2010 Tank of the Month

Hi Krzysztof,
I am really happy your tank was nominated TOTM because it is one of the best tank around the world.
Im am now really interested about your experience Zeovit-Biopellets:
did you not notice any reaction in your corals ceasing to dose Aminoacids, Coral Vitalizer, Xtra, B-Balance, K-Balance Snow and Zym?

alessandro and jdarr, thanks a lot.

Hi Krzysztof,
I am really happy your tank was nominated TOTM because it is one of the best tank around the world.
Im am now really interested about your experience Zeovit-Biopellets:
did you not notice any reaction in your corals ceasing to dose Aminoacids, Coral Vitalizer, Xtra, B-Balance, K-Balance Snow and Zym?

I can't say whether all the KZ products are compatible with the NP reducing biopellets because I didn't use all of them together with the polymers. I only know from my experience that KZ aa, iron, kaliumiodid-fluor don't have any impact in conjunction with BP. I'm not going to combine zeo with BPs. For some time I have added some left over zeo products. They already ran down so I don't use any KZ products currently. My goal is both simplicity and lower costs.

Krzysztof

One of the most beautiful aquariums Ive ever seen. This is what motivates me to be part of this wonderful hobby. Great Job!

AMAZING tank Lunar. It was only a matter of time until you got RC TOTM!

Can you please tell me which Tropic Marin Trace elements you use and how much daily. Do you use Tropic Marin Pro Coral K + and A -? Do you mix them in your 2 part solution or just dose them daily?

I'm in the middle of setting up a new tank with the same dimensions and same light. Only difference is i'm using an ATB skimmer.

thanks for the motivation

Aaron

Thanks a lot, snaza. I really didn't reckon on TOTM, the news came as a great surprise to me.

Yes, I use Tropic Marin Pro Coral K + and A -, but these elements aren't dosed automatically every day. In my opinion it could be too much. I add them twice to three times a week so they can't be mixed with 2-part solution. If I notice more coating of algae on the glass I reduce them to minimum. However, as you know, every tank is different so demands for elements can vary too.

Krzysztof

Thanks a lot, snaza. I really didn't reckon on TOTM, the news came as a great surprise to me.

Yes, I use Tropic Marin Pro Coral K + and A -, but these elements aren't dosed automatically every day. In my opinion it could be too much. I add them twice to three times a week so they can't be mixed with 2-part solution. If I notice more coating of algae on the glass I reduce them to minimum. However, as you know, every tank is different so demands for elements can vary too.

Krzysztof

Thanks for that. how much of each do you dose each time?

Krzysztof, could you please tell us what bulb combination you use? Tanks!

From the front to the back there are: ATI blue plus, KZ NG coral light, KZ fiji purple, ATI aquablue spezial, KZ NG coral light, ATI blue plus, ATI aquablue spezial, ATI actinic blue, KZ NG coral light, ATI blue plus.

Krzysztof

Congrats! The tank is awesome and gives inspiration to the rest of us just starting with our SPS choices. If you have a second would you be willing to explain a lil more about the reactor with NP reducing BioPellets in a PM.

Last edited:
Thanks cromedogg33.

Congrats! The tank is awesome and gives inspiration to the rest of us just starting with our SPS choices. If you have a second would you be willing to explain a lil more about the reactor with NP reducing BioPellets in a PM.

Thanks NaClH20 Getaway.

I made use of zeovit reactor that I had left after zeo method. I removed a magnet and put tee in to provide a better water circulation, changed an original pump (1000 l/h) for a pump New-Jet 2300 with flow rate regulation and lifted the basket (where biopellets are placed) a little and blocked it. The flow is adjusted to 1200 l/h. The outlet of the reactor is located next to the inlet of my skimmer.

Krzysztof

DreamMachine, thank you for your kind words.

If a tank is full of sensitive corals and you introduce a relatively new method, there's always a risk. However without taking a risk there would be no progression. Of course, I wasn't the first aquarist who used pellets, I could learn from others thanks to the thread N/P reducing pellets (solid vodka dosing) on RC. Thanks, tntneon.:thumbsup: I have read this threat ten times from the beginning to the end and then from the end to the beginning again. :reading: I drew own my conlusions and decided to run this method. And after 4 months I've still loved them , i.e. biopellets. :dance:

Krzysztof

Back