Just a question

Frag Collector

I have a friend who informed me that it was frowned apawn on this site for one to keep a "Frag tank"

Now I want to set up a so called "frag tank" to put newly arrived corals and to grow the frags I acquire out a little bit ,as well as for any frags that I may have in the future when it comes time to thin things out.

So my question is, Is it unethical so to say in this hobby to have such a tank?

No, Your friend is misinformed. Frag tanks are great ideas for coral propagation and conservation. You might want to look up quarantine tank to put new arrivals in to as not to infect corals and fish you already have in your frag tank.

There's a whole section on this site on frag tanks and captive propagation. :lol:

You many have mis-understood your friend.

What is frowned upon is constantly selling from a frag tank on RC, and trying to make a business out of it. Now, don't take that as meaning you can't sell from your frag tank at all. IF it ever became an issue, you would be warned about it before any action would be taken.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14762961#post14762961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
You many have mis-understood your friend.

What is frowned upon is constantly selling from a frag tank on RC, and trying to make a business out of it. Now, don't take that as meaning you can't sell from your frag tank at all. IF it ever became an issue, you would be warned about it before any action would be taken.

He said that if I make Frag tank I shouldn't take any photos from it because people would think the whole business thing And I am pretty sure I understood him lol He said dont let anyone know you have a frag tank.

i think that it will depend on the size of your frag tank. if you have a 1000 gal wholesale like size frag tank ...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14764387#post14764387 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frag Collector
He said that if I make Frag tank I shouldn't take any photos from it because people would think the whole business thing And I am pretty sure I understood him lol He said dont let anyone know you have a frag tank.

I stand by my post, and think that your friend is over reacting. Taking pictures of it isn't going to be an issue.

its a great idea. i have a 75g tank and a 30g tank that all i do is grow frags and large colonies. mix and make my own rocks. i have a seaclone hang on protein skimmer on each and two hang on filters on each. and each tank has a small partition with macro algae. works greats. do what u want. grow your own, save the world.

Back