just a thought on a 150g I bid on.. and stocking if i get it

Any clue where we could find that same pool canister? I looked on ebay and other places and they are all over 3 bills. Would be interested in putting something like that inline with my closed loop to catch larger particles.

I got it with the tank/system I bought. It works great for keeping everything out of the water from large particles to small poop that's fallen apart. I would think Ebay would be the easiets place to find it. Or maybe someone whos tearing out or redoing their swimming pool. The one I have is rated for I beleive a 20K gallon pool. I have it on a 500 G system. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6864268#post6864268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blown63chevy
I got it with the tank/system I bought. It works great for keeping everything out of the water from large particles to small poop that's fallen apart. I would think Ebay would be the easiets place to find it. Or maybe someone whos tearing out or redoing their swimming pool. The one I have is rated for I beleive a 20K gallon pool. I have it on a 500 G system. ;)

Can we get a quick shot of ur 500 plz!!!!!

Sam

Ken, check out Dr. Foster Smith for Ocean Clear in-line canister filters. A compact, pleated, particle filter with a clear housing. Would work great with one of your pressure pumps, and more compact than a Hayward pool system. Seems like a total hassle to clean, Ill stick with 100 micron filter socks.
Bergamer, get the Deltec HOB. It will provide years of service, and sparkling clean water...money well spent. Add a couple of Seios to keep everything suspended and the tank oxygenated and you are set (well, filtration wise at least). Should be real quiet also.

I've never been a big fan of most canister filters since they trap too fine of particulate matter, especially pods which I'm not trying to catch. I'm more interested in trapping the larger waste particles. I've also never had much luck with socks, probably becuase of how my return is designed. I was thinking of trying out a 200 micron filter sock (as opposed to the typical 100 micron) and mounting this on the outlet of my skimmer. I saw one of these FS on ebay.

Kenfuzed I bought some off Ebay. Why are they bad. Im thinking of having overflow input and skimmer output to fall in the filter sock its a 100 micron.

Sam

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6867966#post6867966 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by marcrothschild
A compact, pleated, particle filter with a clear housing. Would work great with one of your pressure pumps, and more compact than a Hayward pool system. Seems like a total hassle to clean,

Actually it's fairly easy to clean, pull out the cartridge, hose it off and put it back in. With the paper one, I had to use a pressure washer but still wasn't hard. With the cloth one, just a regular garden hose with a pressure nozle on it. No big deal.

Kenfuzed,
As for the Pod issue, I turn this filter off at night. I have a ton of pods all over my tank. I occasionally find them in the filter when I clean it. No too many and there are a ton in the rest of the system so it's no big deal. I have monster sized pods, 1/4" and larger, living in my skimmer sump. Don't beleive what you hear about them being tore up in the impeller, I've got a ton of them everywhere in my tank and the often take rides thru the pumps with no problems. ;) Even my peppermint shrimp made it thru my pumps and down into my main sump. :confused:

Plus it works great for getting rid of the small particulate matter that dosen't get taken out by the skimmer. Helps keep the water clear. If you saw what my filter looks like every three days when I clean it, you'd want one on your tank. It pulls out a ton of muck that would otherwise sit in your tank. ;)

:( does not look good so far. it is not on ebay. it is a person who is moving and desparatly needs to get rid of his tank by this weekend. I am simply taking advantage of a situation and I feel bad. But I have to convince my gf, b4 the tank comes into the house. A tank for 100- is cheap enough and it is nice enough to convince her. (plus I bearly have $100 for the tank).

I am just a back up for this guy, but I have not heard anything yet. Even worse, I am leaving for hawaii this sun and most likely will not be able to pick it up. :( If that does happen I will quickly list it on the board for someone else to pick it up for 100

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6861028#post6861028 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bergamer
I can't have an overflow bc it is too noisy and future mother in law can bearly take the noise from the current overflow.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6872233#post6872233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bergamer
But I have to convince my gf,

OK, is she your girlfriend or fiance???:D :D
Make a commitment, man!!!:D :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6873894#post6873894 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by glaudds
OK, is she your girlfriend or fiance???:D :D
Make a commitment, man!!!:D :rollface:

:) we have been dating for 8 years and live together. We do plan on getting married once I pass the bar and save up for a ring (which will involve selling my beautiful 65 black on black v8 mustang in perfect condition) (this is how much I love her)
I think of her as my fiance, even though it is unofficial. (she would probably say the same)

No need to explain...just kidding you!
But why would your future MIL care about your overflow noise? Is she planning to sleep in your fish room??:eek1: :eek2: :eek2:

haha, no our house is a 2 story (going down a hill) home and she lives in the lower level near my office (which is also my fishroom)

Back