Just got a Clown Goby...

ChrisMan123

anyone know anything or any info on Clown Gobies? I just got one and I'm planning on feeding it flake and frozen brine shrimp... anything i should know? just lookin for info on this type of fish... from what I know im pretty sure i can keep it in my 10g nano...

what type....yellow?...green???...black?..citron??
any of those will be fine in ur nano....they are awesome fish. i have a yellow and a green and they are awesome...they eat cyclopyeez..baby brine...brine...and formula 2 flake.

all of the above exept flake is frozen food.

good luck with him!

My 2 yellow and my green clown gobies were very finicky at first eating nothing but frozen food. Now, one of the yellows still won't eat anything else but the other two are real pigs with everything I put in the tank.:)

thats good to hear... anyone know if they are likely to jump? i've had 2 fish jump before multiple times but they were neon and antenna gobies.. and i saved them a few times but the neon goby i wasnt there to save last time... im jump proofing my tank somewhat with "egg crate" or whatever its called but im just wondering if clown gobies are known to jump.. it doesnt seem like it but you never know...

and its a green one.. with red stripes and a blue-ish head

mine's pretty lazy. Just hangs out in a Colt all day long. at first I could only get him to eat Cyclopeeze, now he'll take just about anything... flakes, frozen algae cubes ( I don't know why but he likes em), brine shrimp.... just won't eat pellets, I think they're too big. I have an open top tank, he's pretty satisfied staying under the water.

yeah... mysis are pretty big though and i only have 2 fish at the moment... had 3 once... but i have 2 shrimp, 1 crab, 1 starfish, 2 hermits and 4 snails so i guess i could feed some mysis... maybe cut it up?

i did 2 water changes today due to cutting a mushroom from the rock and the water getting pretty disgusting from it.. so the clown goby was out of water for a bit due to his hiding spot he chose and hes okay but hes pretty stressed and i dont think he ate today... i will try feeding him again tomorrow... hopefully he'll be alright

I give them black worms. I love the little suckers
13094DSC01342__2_.JPG

13094Copy_of_DSC00873.jpg

I have a black one that always hangs out upside down on the underside of my giant millepora or wedged in the curls of a capricornus. I've had him for 4 months and I've never seen him eat anything (and I feed my tank a good variety of food). I don't know how he survives, but he's usually quite plump and has grown quite a bit in the last 4 months, so he's eating something. I like to think it's millepora polyps.

I had a very hard time getting mine to eat anything. I was feeding several types of food whenever I walk past the QT tank. He finally starting eatting BBS which was eventually changed to more normal tank fare (A requirement to move from QT to the main tank) This fish spent 2 months in QT. Now that he is in the main he is aggressive about getting food (WHEW!!). Most of the stories I researched had new fish not eatting but established fish being model reef citizens.

yeah i have an antenna goby in my tank too but i don't think hes even seen him yet... but hes seen the my peppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp racing for food once... i've only had him 2 days

Back