Kenya Tree Coral

spluchino82

I have a Kenya tree. Over the past week 2 of it's small branches have fallen off and I found them in the tank. Perameters are fine, and the coral does not look week. Opposite in fact. Any ideas?

yeah, thats how they spread in your tank. The 2 pieces that have broken off will grow into larger pieces which in turn will drop more smaller pieces. Those things are like weeds, if left unchecked they will be all over your tank in no time.

^^^What he said^^^

That just means your tank is doing well. I have taken the original Kenya Tree out of my smaller tank - it now live in the refugium of my larger tank where it can drop as many branches as it likes.

I started with two trees, and in less than 4mths, I had over 30 trees......... I took out all that I could retrieve and put them in another tank.............. Mind you it looks great but it's just that it grew too big and started to shade out my zoos and really didn't want it taking over my tank

Be careful where you out them because they are cool at first but then they grow like crazy. I cut them back from time to time and sell them

I don't think I've been on long enought to use the classifieds yet..... Cuz I can't find them lol. Is there a sticky about how to ship livestock?

Ive seen other thread saying LFS will usually give you 2-3$ per frag. If you buy a big bag of reef plugs you wont have really anything in the frags at all.

Back