LA/Quality Marine

ca1ore

Grizzled & Cynical
Does anyone know if LA/Quality Marine runs non-therapeutic copper in their fish systems? I have never read that they do, just curious if anyone knows differently.

As far as I know, nobody with that massive amount of fish going in and out everyday would be able to survive with 0 copper on the system.

I suggest you call Drs. Foster and Smith and ask them. It is my recollection that divers den does, but I never asked about LA.

Very nice to know. Thanks Chris. Note that the UV is because of multiple tanks sharing water.

"Trace" level can also be running "free" copper, in which UV can be run. With this Cu@ .15ppm is effective. This is what my local wholesaler uses.

"Trace" level can also be running "free" copper, in which UV can be run. With this Cu@ .15ppm is effective. This is what my local wholesaler uses.

If it is not at a therapeutic level, it can mask velvet (and some say ich). So be aware you better quarantine.

I know some wholesalers use Formaldehyde in the fish only systems, a LFS near me uses it. ( I only know this because i use to work there years ago and shipped all the fish out each day) needless to say i dont buy a thing from them. Obviously LA and QM dont use this

Back