Largo 300 new build

Mike,

Thanks for showing me the tank. It was worth the drive to see it. I look forward to seeing the finished setup. Pictures do not show the level of quality of this stand. Impressive doors system. Simple yet so functional. More so for me as space will be tight when i upgrade. Having a door would have made it a challenge. That skimmer is bad a$$.

Regards,

Mike,

Thanks for showing me the tank. It was worth the drive to see it. I look forward to seeing the finished setup. Pictures do not show the level of quality of this stand. Impressive doors system. Simple yet so functional. More so for me as space will be tight when i upgrade. Having a door would have made it a challenge. That skimmer is bad a$$.

Regards,

Anytime you need help Z just holler. We can bang out a stand in no time for you. And thanks for the GREAT pieces you brought today (Red Dragon and Red Millie)!!!!

What was the cost to make the stand? ballpark (PM if don't want to put out public) . I am interested in building one myself and this looks beautiful. Exactly what the wife wants.

A little progress.
CaRx ready to go with custom high end Reg/metering valve

Hood about 80% ..... you'll get the idea. Have to make the doors.

Sweet

Sweet

No cutting corners this is really going to be a nice rig!

Glad the frags are doing well, with your reactor they should be colonies in about 6 weeks! :eek2:

Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! for an excellent idea you gave me on the canopy and incorporating the lights like that.

I wanted a minimal canopy for my 320 build - but was limited to how much my lights need to hang down and the height of the stand + tank (44+24 inches) doesn't leave alot of room on top.

With this idea - I can build my canopy to around 12" high and be perfect on the light height!

Here was my challenge with Jmonk's Canopy and Light hanging that had me fluxomed in my 320 build:

2014_12_18_156_Quarantine_Lights_1.jpg

2014_12_18_156_Quarantine_Lights_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ted, if you want to come look at, i will have doors done Saturday. This one is 12 inches above the top (well, maybe 11). The top is hollow core and the LED assemblies just sit on the lower lip. I basically have this on my 120, but this one is twice as long. The doors simply slide on and off with now hinges necessary.

mike

Last edited:
Thanks but I think I'm ok.

the only other question I had in my builds was how to incorporate the pond netting to provide coverage over both tanks (under the canopy) while allowing me to open it up and close it back up when it came to water change / siphon time. If you're planning that - then I'll swing by and check it out.

If you remember my 120 - I had pond netting in screen frame with a couple of hinges on the screen frame - it allowed me to swing it up to get into the tank fairly easily. That doesn't work with these canopy.

Back