Largo 300 new build

When is the move?

Trying for New Years Eve during day sometime. I have to stain and poly the stand/hood, foam the back wall, finish up plumbing and dryrun. It sounds like alot but should go pretty fast.

I am hoping we can move the 120 like you said across the room. That would make life much easier for sure.

mike

Not sure if I work that day or not. Let me know if you need some help and I will see if I am available.

You don't want to move the 120 before that day? I might be scared by the holiday. Just in case something happens during the move.

Good point. Maybe get you to come take a look and i could move it early that week. You could let me know what to gey in prep to move

Are you able to move the 120 tomorrow morning or Tuesday morning? Only real time I have available before New Years. I have afternoon stuff tomorrow to do.
I will look when I get home. I may have enough pipe left from moving mine. Plus I have small piano dollys.

well, ready for stain, then put on stand and do final plumbing. Getting real close :). Cabinet is crammed full!

A lot of awesome going on, cheers Mike.

and alot of beer drinking going on as you suspected :)!
So far so good, things falling into place. This thing is crammed full and now waiting on the new Digital Aquatics Archon to run the control system. I have a water bug (in one of the pics) for any water overflows to shut off pumps, I run dual redundant floats on all floats for fail safe (I believe in minimum of two failures must happen for a true failure). Floats on the skimmer cup, overflow boxes and low level sump. Zeovit tumbler will be improvement on what I have on my 120 (Vertex hand shaker) and CaRx will be a huge improvement. I am up to 70 ml of 2part now and increasing every week as the calcium uptake is starting to really kick in. I hate to take the 120 down as it is starting to kick butt (7 months old now).

anyway, hope the 300 looks good for the July meeting that I am hosting!
mike

Can you elaborate on what your final design was for the lights? What kind and quantity of leds and how many t5? I'm helping a friend with an 11' tank and the lighting options are overwhelming. Looking at a led / t5 combo. Just trying to figure out the ratio and style.

Nice build! It's gonna be impressive

Largo 300 new build

2 photon 48's, 4 54 watt t5's. T5 on each side of photon. This is basically a double version of what is over my 4 foot tank. Been playing with T5's but basically i like the corsl plus and aqua blue special

Just picked up a cool Cole-Parmer Masterflex Console Drive Peristaltic Pump to control CaRx effluent :).
Boys and their toys!

Been a little slow this past week. Dad (88) broke his hip and I have been taking alot of day trips to Venice. Still want to get "dry run" done by next weekend although.

so, Calcium Reactor set up complete.... above plus

Sorry to hear about that Mike, here is to a speedy recovery. Tank is looking better and better everytime you post pics.

ok, got back to it yesterday. Stand done. Started doing the "foam rock wall" tonight. That will be finished tomorrow. So hopefully, I will have tank on stand and finish plumbing Mon-Tue with "dry/wet run" this week. I have everything except the Archon controller, but that is not stopping me from anything since I can tie this into my existing RKE system while I get up and cycled.

Dad is doing great after two surgeries, and is back home. A real trooper at 88 for sure!

Back