Leak in RO system

puks

Hi guys,

In my RO system water has started to pass through even when it doesn't turn on. Originally, I thought the RO filter is broken. But it leaks even with the new filter.

Even when all outgoing valves are locked, water goes from the blue pipe left from Drain. Any ideas? Thanks

1707001599019.png

Water will always flow down the drain line if the unit is receiving pressure. I see the pressure switch for booster pump but there must also be a shutoff diaphragm (maybe like this picture) that is leaking. At some point the pressure switch should make the booster pump kick on - does that happen?

diaphragm.png

Oh, they include microprocessors now? I’ve got a system I pieced together over time since 1990.

That said, it does say every 2 hours it flushes the members so, that could be what you’re seeing.

Also, even though it says it shuts off the system when needed, if it doesn’t have some type of valve to shut it off, it will continue to run.

The description says it has a "High-pressure electronic shut-off for reservoir use". It's just figuring out what gizmo it is. If my guess is correct in this image, the blue solenoid on the left is leaking (bypassing).

ro.png

The black piece right behind your pressure pump is a high pressure switch, which is normally used to turn off the pressure pump but it might be tied into the other things I mentioned as part of the solenoid's function.

Last edited:
Back