Lemonpeel with what i think is HLLE...

roadrunner1659

I believe that my lemonpeel has HLLE but im not completly sure and he'll never stay still enough to get a good enough shot of it.

I was told that if it is HLLE then it could have been from one of 2 things...either stray voltage or malnutrition.

I believe that i fixed any way of having stray voltage...i had all of my plugs, plugged into a mutli plug connection. I was told by the hardware store if i have a plug that has three prongs then its grounded so then i purchased 2 surge protectors for each outlet and now there up and running and protecting...so i think im good in that respect.

If it was malnutrition, which it could have been b/c i was feeding him spurlina flakes from the beginning, i've since corrected that with im under the impression is a good diet...

i feed one night formula frozen, next night seaweed sheet, and the third night i feed mysis shrimp, then seaweed sheets...and then the cycle begins again...the frozen food gets vitamens (kent zoe and kent zoecon) one drop alternating from each frozen food...

im not sure about how long it would take for the fish to recover...or if im even treating for the right disease, but im glad that at the very least im feeding him the way he should be fed!

I'm just looking for comformation in that im doing the right thing?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear of the problem, RR.

In order of what I think is most likely:
Vitamin deficiency (A and/or C); Poor Nutrition
Chronic Stress
Poor water quality (including high levels of dissolved organic matter and/or nitrate)
Activated carbon (either removing something the fish need or the dust clogging the pores on the fish)
Stray Voltage (is your system grounded properly?)
Retrovirus
Hexamita
Amyloodinium-like dinoflagallate

See this article for more info:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.htm

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6589831#post6589831 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by leebca
Sorry to hear of the problem, RR.

In order of what I think is most likely:
Vitamin deficiency (A and/or C); Poor Nutrition
Chronic Stress
Poor water quality (including high levels of dissolved organic matter and/or nitrate)
Activated carbon (either removing something the fish need or the dust clogging the pores on the fish)
Stray Voltage (is your system grounded properly?)
Retrovirus
Hexamita
Amyloodinium-like dinoflagallate

See this article for more info:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.htm

well i fixed the vitamens
water quality is a 100 percent better than from a month ago
i have activated carbon but i make sure to really rinse it out b4 using it for my tank
i took care of any possible stray voltage
retrovirus?
hexamita?
Amyloodinium-like dinoflagallate?
Chronic Stress?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6591939#post6591939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by roadrunner1659

retrovirus?
hexamita?
Amyloodinium-like dinoflagallate?
Chronic Stress?

I think what leebca is pointing to is that the cause of HLLE is just not entirely known. It may be multifactorial, but either way, there is no one pathogen which has been definitely pinpointed as the culprit. There's little you can do for those unknowns, except perhaps the last. BTW, the gaping pores seen with HLLE can take a LONG time to shrink down, even with improved conditions; sometimes months.

OK well then i'll just continue feeding correctly and keeping the water quality as best i can! I guess thats all i can do for him and hopefully over time everything will heal!!!

Back