Leopard Wrasse and other difficult fish

CrayolaViolence

Since people on here have successfully kept Regal Angelfish, I was curious if anyone has successfully kept Leopard Wrasse (which from what I've read have a poor survival rate due to dietary needs).
Also, any success with other difficult fish, I'm curious to hear about your technique and what you struggled with and how you solved the problem. Thanks

I have a Macropharyngodon bipartitus and she came out pretty quick and ate immediately too, I think not buying one online and but one that has been in a lfs holding tank for a few weeks helped.

I have a Macropharyngodon bipartitus and she came out pretty quick and ate immediately too, I think not buying one online and but one that has been in a lfs holding tank for a few weeks helped.

Normally I would 100% agree with this. Only I've bought fish from Live aquaria when unable to find them locally, and been more than impressed. The prices are in line with my LFS, but the warranty surpasses any and everything I can find within 3 hours of me. There have been times when I could have bought a fish dirt cheap locally, but gone back to LA because they warranty what they sell for a minimum of 2 weeks, longer if it arrives less than perfect. I totally understand why many small reef stores can't give a guarantee. But at the same time, when you're a long time customer of a store and they won't replace a fish that dies in the bag before you get it home, you can't help but feel a bit let down. Because of that I buy 95% of my fish from Live Aquaria now. The small safety net the offer is at least something. And if they do go through all the steps in quarantining as they claim, then they do more than anyone around me does.

Back