Leopard Wrasse

Chicago Kopka

Got a divided leopard wrasse last Saturday. She dove into the sand as expected. However, it's now almost day 6 and she's still in the sand. Anyone experience this?

The internets are telling me it's normal and sometimes won't come out for a week or two. The suspense is killing me.

Mine hid for 2-3 days and then started coming out at odd hours (1 am) and would be hidden again in the morning. Took about a week or 2 to start coming out normal hours and about a month until it stayed out all day when the lights were on.

I got one and it immediately dove into the sand and 3 years later it is still hiding...

I got a black leopard wrasse about 4 months ago, quarantined him got him fat and happy, put him in the tank, in the first 20 seconds the hippo tang made a move at him, he dove in the sand and never re appeared.
Still ****ed at that hippo tang.

I got a yellow coris wrasse he dove into the sand and never seen him again ...It was the fastest money I ever spent ...sorry for the bad news hopefully you have a different outcome

Mine hid for 3 weeks, that's no exaggeration. Finally showed up but would only come out when the lights first came on. Then after an hour it would hide again. After about 3 weeks he's out exploring all of the time now

This is very common. Todds experience is also common. A lot of times they take a few weeks to adjust to the change in the lighting schedule as well. They'll wake up in the middle of the night expecting to see daylight. Nothing you can do, just give it time.

I'm betting yours will make an appearance soon, just reminded me of patiently waiting for it to show.

Ya I got one.. After 3 weeks he came out. Was out for about a month and then he went back into the sand and still hasn't come back out. Its been 6 months....Good luck...

I had a flame wrasse that did the same thing never saw him for long and then he was gone, he was in the overflow for about 2 months good thing I didn't turn pumps off then to do feedings. I had him for about 5 years and he made me check my overflows anytime I have had a missing fish.

Good call. I will start to check there. Although I know it wasn't in there yesterday because I just converted my durso to a herbie style.

Back