Lets do this - 225+ reef bar

Amazing vid Mike, everything looks awesome!

Looks like I'll be in your area the first weekend of April, so I'll give you and Eric a shout!

Thanks all. Snaza - I'm not really dosing anything these days, and do weekly 30-35 gallon water changes.

Here are a couple fisheye shots I snapped tonight with my Tokina 10-17 FE. I bought it more for underwater photography, but its kinda fun to play with.

reflection.JPG

FTS1.JPG

Have to appreciate a good video and awesome pics as well!!! What are you running for calcium and alk???

Updated FTS. Used a tripod and turned off the flow, but it still seems a little soft...ugh...having to decide whether to get a new pentax body, or switch to canon/nikon :(

IMGP4148%20-%202009-04-04%20at%2020-27-10%20%281%29.jpg

Did you ever make the switch to CANON??lol

edit................whoops, just realized that you got a 7D

Last edited:
Snaza - Yep, I am running GFO (and biopellets, although not sure they are doing anything).

Austin - hit me up when you are in town.

Thanks Dave.

Added a quintet of red spot cardinals from DD. Their track record is not good, but DD says that things have improved in the import and collection, so I'm hoping. All arrived healthy, are out and are eating, so I'm crossing my fingers.

cardinals.JPG

And some sunday pics:

blue stylo:

stylo2.JPG

cyphastrea

pink.JPG

ORA Hawkins

echinata.JPG

Green and pink M. Venosa (never seen another one like this...its like the sand dollar monti, but with a green base)

venosa.JPG

speckled orange-mouth chalice

halloweenchalice.JPG

whats saved (hopefully) from my oregon tort:

oregontort.JPG

Aussie green/red monti

chundata2_2.JPG

A. Exquisita I just picked up from DD:

Exquisita.JPG

The A. Exquisita is nice!

Thanks, I really like it...had been eyeing it for a while on DD. Its one of those corals you get more for its unique coralite structure, than its color (although this one has the potential for pretty cool coloration...time will tell).

You have a beautiful tank! When setting up your display, did you consider running 80w bulbs, to span the length of your tank? How did you decided on the 54w fixture?

Thanks Austin.

tbone - I did, but at the end of the day, decided I liked the 4' bulbs better. I'm glad I went with them, because I keep all my walls clean of rockwork, so lighting up the edges would really just be a waste. I mainly keep LPS at the edges, as I've found T5s bleach most LPS that are put directly underneath them (another reason I'm glad I went with the 4' fixture, as I like to mix in a few LPS with the SPS).

Back