Lfs in so cal

Coral collectors in Westlake Village has by far the best deals on coral especially high end acros and can get you anything she wants and goes to the warehouse every other week

I happened to be out there a while back and drove by. It's a house and no one answered the phone during listed business hours.

Man most fish stores in my area (Riverside) and around are dirty and expensive. The tanks look filthy and they have skyrocketing nitrates. Cyano is a common problem in some stores. I bought three frags from the store in Huntington Beach a couple months ago and exactly those frags are the ones that look the unhealthiest.

My water is not exactly good. I still have 20ppm nitrates. I'm dosing vodka at the moment. I think it'll work out. The frags have multiplied and colored up but they do not look as nice as other frags from quality vendors. One once said to me corals are like people, some look bad some look good. Pick a frag from a healthy looking colony and you'll be fine. I didn't do that because I was impulse buying. Three frags for 30 bucks. I couldn't resist.

> Vivid Aquariums: this one is a long drive for me, so I haven't made it yet, but have heard almost mythical sounding stories about how awesome this store is... great selection of corals/clams/fish, huge display tank, etc. So if anyone has been to Vivid, post and share your experience!

ontop of the collection vivid has a 15 day saltwater guarantee for their fishes.
although not the cheapest occasional coupons can get you good deals

After checking out the various lfs around so cal I find the best stuff from other forum members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing great to post yet. I almost got out of the hobby and just recently started keeping up with the husbandry with the tank just picked up some frags from TGC
Lance

Anyone know of a store that carries the innovative marine tanks? I would like to see one in person before pulling the trigger

I've been out of the loop for years now. Any new LFS in the San Fernando Valley for frags? I used to go to Mark's Tropical in Studio City, Vivid Aquarium and Aquarium City in Canoga Park. Are they still open?

I've been out of the loop for years now. Any new LFS in the San Fernando Valley for frags? I used to go to Mark's Tropical at N. Hollywood, Vivid and Aquarium City in Canoga Park. Are they still open?

Vivid and Aquarium City still open.

Back