Lighting Website Updates

Help!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!

I'm very confused! I had a light on my aquarium but now I am wanting to get more corals and need new ones. I liked the light I had but need LEDs. I don't like the gooseneck lamps, (Kessil,) and need a hood style, (or clip-on.)

I have 2 AI Prime HD's and apparently I'm not smart enough to get them to connect with my home PC (Windows 10) Their (AI)Customer Service Support is non existant! I really need to talk to a live person to help walk me through it. I did connect them to my tablet, (Dont want to pollute my phone) Maybe thats why, Since they're already connected they don't flash Blue/Green like they're looking for a network. IDK I'm too old for this kind of headache. I'm thinking I'll return them or sell them and find a better alternative. Any suggestions, tips, or clues appreciated.

Edit: FYI The myai App does not get very good reviews on Playstore, If only I had seen that first lol.

Last edited:
Well I did get some help from AI and now have control of lights from my PC. So I just need to find some decent "Presets" to download. I'm sure I read in here that, That is possible. Where and how IDK lol. :uhoh3:

Hi folks. Im a Canadian new to the hobby and have been reading alot about LED lighting recently. I need some advice regarding my current setup.

I am in the market for LED lighting for current FOWLR tank. The plan is to move towards some heartier corals down the road. I want to get proper lighting that sets me up for where the hobby takes me.

Tank is 87" long, 32" wide and 32" deep. It is built into hallway, so top is covered and I have lots of room on how to hang the lights. I currently have some old 2 bulb T5's running the length of the aquarium on a glass lid. I know i have it greatly under lighted but Im just getting started and think it looks pretty decent to me. I know the LEDs will be WAY better and do have some bells and whistles (sunrise/sunset, multiple channels, etc) that I would like to have. Its not all about growing corals, right!?

Everything on this tank has been a struggle to keep costs in check, and this includes lighting. Ive been following a few threads about lighting and we do have the more reasonably priced Evergrow brand available in Canada. Ron and others had commented on this brand being of good construction and well priced for what you get.

My question is, with the size of tank that I have, is it ok to have LED lights running down center of 32" wide aquarium or is it better to have a few small units running side to side to light more of the edge??

The lights im looking at are Evergrow Aquaocean IT (3w and 5w) or just the Evergrow IT (3w).

Thoughts?

Help with LED lighting arrangement

Help with LED lighting arrangement

Hi folks. Im a Canadian new to the hobby and have been reading alot about LED lighting recently. I need some advice regarding my current setup.

I am in the market for LED lighting for current FOWLR tank. The plan is to move towards some heartier corals down the road. I want to get proper lighting that sets me up for where the hobby takes me.

Tank is 87" long, 32" wide and 32" deep. It is built into hallway, so top is covered and I have lots of room to hang the lights and no concern what they look like. I currently have some old 2 bulb T5's running the length of the aquarium on a glass lid. I know i have it greatly under lighted but Im just getting started and think it looks pretty decent to me for FOWLR. I know the LEDs will be WAY better and I do want to have some bells and whistles (sunrise/sunset, multiple channels, etc) that would make the whole thing alot better.

Everything on this tank has been a struggle to keep costs in check, and this includes lighting. Ive been following a few threads about lighting and we do have the more reasonably priced Evergrow brand available in Canada. Ron and others had commented on this brand being of good construction and well priced for what you get.

My question is, with the size of tank that I have, is it ok to have LED lights running down center of 32" wide aquarium or is it better to have a few small units running side to side to light more of the edge??

The lights im looking at are Evergrow Aquaocean IT (3w and 5w LED) or just the Evergrow IT (3w). I know height of lights will affect penetration to bottom of 32" and would appreate your thoughts on best setup.

Help!

I have started building a 90 gal Reef display w/100 gallon sump in the basement. I'm looking for recommendations for lighting. I am asking what would you get, the price not being an issue....Display is 48x18x21 and sump is 50 gal Stock tank and 50 gal cryptic.

I would get three Kessil A360Wes with a controller, spaced evenly over the tank or two Kessil A360We flanked on each side with two T5's, if you have a center brace on your aquarium.

led flood lights

led flood lights

Another issue... Product life cycle. LED's are developing faster than computer CPU's in the 90's. Buy a pentium 2 today, and wish you had waited out for the pentium 3 a few months later. Already, the Solaris is on the 3rd version. LED's that are 3x the output of the I4 are just around th corner... led flood lights

Ill buy in when 2 things happen:

The lumen efficiency of the LED itself (no optical focusing tricks) hits 150 lumens/watt... so I can light 500g with only 200 watts of light. Yeah, Im serious, just wait and see.

And the other is a wider range of available spectrums... I cant stand the 'washed out' 20,000K look. I like my blue, dont get me wrong, but I like my daylight too. I dont want my pink birdsnest and red milli to wash out under the lack of a full spectrum.
300w led flood light

Fotoreceptor.
I have a 30" wide tank & with lights running down the center I wish I had gone the other way. My say would be 18 - 24" lights running front to back, as many as you need.
Mine are Reefbreeders Photon 2 & they are nice lights.

Fotoreceptor.
I have a 30" wide tank & with lights running down the center I wish I had gone the other way. My say would be 18 - 24" lights running front to back, as many as you need.
Mine are Reefbreeders Photon 2 & they are nice lights.

I hope he figured it out by now. Because he asked the question almost 2 1/2 years ago. :lmao:

Just came from a panel discussion over the weekend about this very subject.
There really is no winner as far as electricity is concerned. You need the same amount of watts to achieve the coverage needed, be it LED or Metal Halide. Savings do come from bulb replacement. Some from temperature but with LED your heater will run more too.

Back