Lighting Website Updates

where?

where?

I last bought online, but shop closed.

Amazon? Any suggestions?

I used to buy fro RG but they are closed I will be giving Marine Depot a try they claim if you buy 6 bulbs 54'' models there is not shipping cost Not sure but I will be finding out tonight.

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, Just thought you guys should know I am an Electronic Technician, and I specialize in LED Lighting. I have been building and testing LED light fixtures for many applications, mainly outdoor park/recreation area lighting.
I stumbled onto this forum just doing research on new led ideas and applications. I do not have an aquarium set up of my own, but I do know lighting, LED LIGHTING! I'm here to help with questions possibly recommendations and just some cool stuff when it comes to LEDS. Thanks for reading guys and gals. Jim

Interested to see if anyone has experience regarding using the submersible led as an alternative to setting up a Reverse Daylight Photosynthesis system for stabilizing nighttime pH.
My idea would be to light the underside of the tankscape rock structure at night in order to keep photosynthesis going 24/7.
The concept is part of what I think of as an "in tank refugium" an idea I am considering before I set up my next system. Appreciate any experience based advice before I learn the hard way !

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, Just thought you guys should know I am an Electronic Technician, and I specialize in LED Lighting. I have been building and testing LED light fixtures for many applications, mainly outdoor park/recreation area lighting.
I stumbled onto this forum just doing research on new led ideas and applications. I do not have an aquarium set up of my own, but I do know lighting, LED LIGHTING! I'm here to help with questions possibly recommendations and just some cool stuff when it comes to LEDS. Thanks for reading guys and gals. Jim

Hi Jim, I'm in Bellevue. There's a local forum www.newagereefs.com and the Nebraska Reef Society on facebook. I'm sure local folks would be thrilled to have you around to ask questions

Jim (solarlight) how hard is it to split and lengthen a xbox one usb 3 cable? Xbox has a proprietary end on their new connect and they don't sell extension cables for it. Is it hard to cut and splice in a usb 3 cable?

102 bowfront wedge, 36" on 2 sides, bow on the 3rd, 22" between sandbed and water surface.
Current lighting: Ushio 250 10,000k (1); with 2 actinic HO on separate ballast.

Looking at: Ecotech radion xr30w g3 pro versus Ecotech radion xr30w g3.
Want to know A) whether 1 unit can replace what I have for lps stony
and B) if I don't adjust my tank lighting from my cellphone (my cell is dumb) ---is the pro that much better?
And C) do I understand correctly that there is no ballast for radion?

where to get

where to get

I used to buy fro RG but they are closed I will be giving Marine Depot a try they claim if you buy 6 bulbs 54'' models there is not shipping cost Not sure but I will be finding out tonight.

Well I opened my box of bulbs from Marine Depot last night, since I finally got all of my bits for my Maristar II light, well when I opened the box I found all of the bulbs broken 6 to be exact:angryfire:

I used always order from Reef Geek and I never had any problems.

The outside box was not damaged the bulbs where put in a large triangle box and the bulbs where installed with two carboard boxes with a hole in the middle and the bulbs went through there, some bubble wrap around it.

Hello. I just swapped from a 50 gal bow front tank to a tall 70 gal tank that's 36" wide. Now I want to change my lighting from T5's to LED's. I've been doing a little searching and noticed there's a whole lot of LED's out there. I think I found a decent one but I'm still a bit skeptical. So I was hoping to get some advice on what I'm looking at. Its a EVO Quad 30" Timer LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Cichlid 36x 3W 75 cm. Do you think 36x 3 watt LED's will be sufficient for my reef?

What can I grow with this description included from web sight
Fluval Eco Bright LED Aquarium Light
Designed to bring a natural shimmering effect to your aquarium, Eco Bright is an energy efficient LED system that helps bring out the rich colors of your fish and plants. Equipped with an intelligent infrared remote control, Eco Bright allows you to conveniently customize blue and white LED intensity either manually or via several preset options.
This LED series, which is offered in 4 sizes, is built upon an ultra slim 1" platform and features extendable mounting brackets to fit a variety of aquarium widths. As with all Fluval LED strip lights, Eco Bright also offers 120 degree light dispersion for superior aquarium coverage and uniform lighting.

Suggest lighting for 60x20x20 inches tank with few corals like candi cane, xenia, mushroom, toadstool, torch and button polyp. Currently on MH and im looking to move. Kessil a360we or maxspect razor 420r 160w?

Is my lighting enough?....

Is my lighting enough?....

I am currently running one 48"Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED on my 75 gallon aquarium. The tank looks great, but i feel like its not enough for my leather or my zoes, or anything I plan to get. Im aware that I cant get to exotic with any coral choices, and with that being said, I had planned to stick to SPS and and some mushrooms. Should I consider adding another Current LED though?

I am currently running one 48"Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED on my 75 gallon aquarium. The tank looks great, but i feel like its not enough for my leather or my zoes, or anything I plan to get. Im aware that I cant get to exotic with any coral choices, and with that being said, I had planned to stick to SPS and and some mushrooms. Should I consider adding another Current LED though?

Based on what you said above, no.

I have started building a 90 gal Reef display w/100 gallon sump in the basement. I'm looking for recommendations for lighting. I am asking what would you get, the price not being an issue....Display is 48x18x21 and sump is 50 gal Stock tank and 50 gal cryptic.

Last edited:
led info.

led info.

Hi all, i am reborn into reefing. I have been out of it for 4 years and knowing how thing change over night, im looking for info about led lighting. Im going to be doing a 35 gal hex with an internal filtration box which im making. I am looking at the brad, Current 18-24" led. My main guestion is one unit enough or shall i get two? I want to keep sps, lps, and an anemone. Thanks for all the help.

Hi all, i am reborn into reefing. I have been out of it for 4 years and knowing how thing change over night, im looking for info about led lighting. Im going to be doing a 35 gal hex with an internal filtration box which im making. I am looking at the brad, Current 18-24" led. My main guestion is one unit enough or shall i get two? I want to keep sps, lps, and an anemone. Thanks for all the help.

I am in the same boat you getting back into it, my break was 20 years.
I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that my 48'' 90g i will use the Kessil 160n and i might even go with 4 because of the narrow beam. My thinking is if you are dialing them down because they too bright then i shouldnt need such a powerful fixture. Also if the par is so well balanced from front to back add to balance side to side....

Back