Lightsluvr's 340G Upgrade

It was my pleasure to share in that moment...We all have those at some point.....Now you just need to setup a web cam and stream the video so you can watch the tank while at work:D. After the iPhone maybe?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15476593#post15476593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquainas
It was my pleasure to share in that moment...We all have those at some point.....Now you just need to setup a web cam and stream the video so you can watch the tank while at work:D. After the iPhone maybe?

Actually I have had a wireless webcam for quite some time. Since I reset the router, it is not connecting to the internet, so I need to go in and reset the camera. That requires connecting it to a computer hard-wired into the router. I'll put it on my list of things to do... :cool:

Again, thanks for the brain-storming last night.

LL

Reef Cam

Reef Cam

URL: http://lightsluvraq.viewnetcam.com:50000

Username - Aquarist (with a capitol A)
Password - oklareef

If you are asked to install an Active-X file, this enables pan, tilt and zoom functions. Click yes or accept.

Currently the cam is set up in temporary spot in the fish room. It points to the business end of the tank system right now... (the back). Of course a lot of reefers find this to be the most interesting part, anyway...

It will be moved from time to time, eventually finding a permanent home in front of the display tank.

LL

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477254#post15477254 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquainas
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about!

The camera is still sitting on a step ladder where I temporarily hard-wired it into the router to get it updated... pretty cool picture, if I do say so myself... you can pan almost the entire system, left to right.

LL

George...what did you think of the drawings I posted on my thread? I've been trying to keep the updates coming but I've been so busy the last week.

George, that webcam is COOL!
My B-day is coming up, I might have to ask for one of those :lol:

In your sump, what is that plastic thing floating???
The pipe in the sump looks like it goes through the wall, is this how you do your water change out?

I like playing with the webcam. That is a lot of fun. I logged off in case someone else wanted to play.

aquainas - I may need to ask for an assist as well. Since changing from DSL to U-verse, I no longer have my AC3 connected to the web. I've made some changes, but no luck so far.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477425#post15477425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by edandsandy
George, that webcam is COOL!
My B-day is coming up, I might have to ask for one of those :lol:

In your sump, what is that plastic thing floating???
The pipe in the sump looks like it goes through the wall, is this how you do your water change out?

You are very observant. The Web-Cam is a Panasonic BL-C131A

The plastic thing floating in the sump is just a plastic shoe box filled with SW that I am storing some loose zoanthids in until I can get them mounted to a rock... (I've torn down my old frag tank)

Yes the pipe goes through the wall. That is where the water change waste goes to a sewer cleanout outside.

LL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477862#post15477862 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
I like playing with the webcam. That is a lot of fun. I logged off in case someone else wanted to play.

I think the web-cam supports multiple simultaneous users...but you might play "dueling pan & tilt" with others... ;)

LL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477418#post15477418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquainas
George...what did you think of the drawings I posted on my thread? I've been trying to keep the updates coming but I've been so busy the last week.

I left a note on your thread... good use of the rail system I think - a little like edandsandy did...

LL

Love the Web enabled camera... Caught you working on the tank with your 4 leg supervisor sitting at your feet. As for multiple connections, I'm not sure you can have it with this package. some of the more robust servers have a queue timer on them... Would say like.. you gain control in 30 seconds... and have a Master over ride with password. I do like the Easy privacy mode this on has, my old camera had to be put in privacy from the computer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15479722#post15479722 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VegasReefer
Love the Web enabled camera... Caught you working on the tank with your 4 leg supervisor sitting at your feet. As for multiple connections, I'm not sure you can have it with this package. some of the more robust servers have a queue timer on them... Would say like.. you gain control in 30 seconds... and have a Master over ride with password. I do like the Easy privacy mode this on has, my old camera had to be put in privacy from the computer.

I bought the camera refurbished from an eBay seller over a year ago - had to buy a new 12V power supply for it after the old one got "chewed" by some mysterious creature...:rolleyes:

It's worked quite well. I know that the admin and one user can be on at the same time - I think two users can view simultaneuously because I've seen two users switch the lens back & forth, thus the "dueling lens" comment.

The software also supports multiple cameras in the same feed - I am considering a second camera in front of the tank, and keep the old one on the back wall of the equipment room... still thinking about it...

LL

Update

Update

I have noticed that pH has been running 8.3 at the end of the light sequences, but drops to around 7.9 before the lights come on in the morning. I am running a light for the cheato macroalage in the sump.

I have been using only RO/DI in my Tunze Osmolator auto top off. Last night I added 7 Tbsp of Kalkwasser to the Tunze 5074 Calcium Dispenser. The purpose of the Kalk will be to hopefully buffer the pH swing a little. (I will be adding a LifeReef LRC-2 CA Reactor later for CA/ALK)

Here are this morning's Temp/pH graphs:
ApexGraph0806.jpg

Any suggestions? Is this a normal pH swing? Should I also be buffering my water changes?

LL

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by aquainas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left a note on your thread... good use of the rail system I think - a little like edandsandy did...

LL

George, I can not find aquainas thread. I would like to see his light rail system. do you have a link?

BTW, I think that you are having a normal PH swing for a new tank. Mine did the same thing, as well as a few others here on RC. Just give it a little time to "settle in" so to speak.

][/QUOTE] [/B] Sandy wrote:

George, I can not find aquainas thread. I would like to see his light rail system. do you have a link?

BTW, I think that you are having a normal PH swing for a new tank. Mine did the same thing, as well as a few others here on RC. Just give it a little time to "settle in" so to speak. [/B][/QUOTE]

Here is a link to his thread...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1672275

LL

That looks to be a normal swing. My tank runs 8.15-8.25 during the day and drops to 7.9-8.0 at night.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15482587#post15482587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
That looks to be a normal swing. My tank runs 8.15-8.25 during the day and drops to 7.9-8.0 at night.

That's encouraging... I've never had the luxury of monitoring pH 24/7 - the swing just surprised me... :p

LL

Back