live rock returns?

tigerarmy40

I have been brainstorming on how to make some live rock with returns running through it. I have a closed loop system that I am trying to plan out, it has ten holes running across the back wall for returns and 2x2" intakes. I am thinking of either making my own rock and placing pvc through it or drilling existing rock and running pvc up to it. I am thinking that making the rock would be the best bet due to the fact that I can shape the pvc piping to do what I want then build around it! it would be kinda like a tunze rock without the pump in the tank......

has anyone done this and if so can you share your experience? or your thoughts!?!?

and pics if ya got'em.

thats pretty cool! and I have been thinking about that too! the only problem with that is sometimes it looks unnatural. I am trying to make it so that some of my returns blast right ouut of the front of the rock and point in different directions so this would work. anyone else have any inputs on the subject?

yes! very similar to what I am talking about!!! only I would build the pvc outside then add the arogonite and shape it like I want it then mount it to the existing plumbing!!! silencer is that yours? if so I have a ton of questions.....

Back