Live sand for the taking! West of Yreka though.

Hammer

I am breaking down my 60 gallon tank. Moving all LR, corals, fish, etc, into a 35 gallon cube-ish type tank.
And I am not going to keep the sand.
ALL this sand is the Southdown Sand that I have had since I lived in TX.
This sand has been in this tank since I had the tank in the bay area, around August of 2005.
Can't remember how many pounds, but I think I put in either 80 or 120 pounds back then. No idea how much it is now though.

Sand has a fair amount of life in it. Mini brittle stars, feather dusters, some odd worms, etc.
And I would hate to see this go to waste.
So, anyone want/need some FINE grade live sand?
I didn't filter out the super fines when I put this sand in, so it still has the silty affect.

Good stuff for a deep sand bed, or just to seed your tanks with a little different life.

Sand is FREE. Although I wouldn't turn down a few frags
Bad part, I live near Fort Jones, which is about 20 miles west of Yreka, near the Oregon border.

Ok, I looked at it a bit closer, and I am guessing that there is in the 50 to 60 pound range for sand that is there.

It's got to go SOON!

That is a great offer Hammer if I was headed that way I would probablly pick it up from you. But I won't be headed that way any time soon.
I will ask around our club meeting is in a couple weeks, so I will mention it.

You have any thing in your tank you are planning on fragging for trades any time soon? We are discussing a frag swap sometime soon in the Redding or Chico area.

Actually, a member of the MARS just got dibs on it. I will end up taking it down to her tomorrow on my trip to Mather.

Not much to frag right now, most things that are big enough are GSP and shrooms. All my zoos are too small to frag yet, and the rest can't frag.

Not that I wouldn't possible mind going to a frag swap to buy a few things ;)

Well if you are going through redding stop by the stores and say hello, if you need direction let me know.

Might be able to stop on my way back through town if any place is open.
The Deep, and the other one off Cypress, what other ones are there that are worth the time?

The Deep is where I am working, and we are open until 6pm. Aquariums Plus is the one off of cypress and I think he is open about the same, not sure on that.
Family pets on eureka way is working on getting into the stuff and for an all around pet store he seems to be getting in some good stuff lately. I know he has a fellow reefer working for him too atleast part time so he has been getting a pretty good idea of what to buy from him. Not a lot of stock yet though, but he is working on it.
I will be opening at the deep tomorrow at noon and probablly be there untill closeing because my dry rock guy is comming through, so if you get a chance to stop in I will probablly see you there.

Not sure if I can make it back up there in time after my appt is over.
I haven't been to the Deep since before the name change. So it's been a while.
And yeah, Aquariums Plus, sounds right for the name of the other store.

Back