Lobo help

Thanks for the tips. This guy absolutely will not eat. I turn off the pumps every night to feed my sun corals and have place food near its mouth and left it there for an hour. As soon as the pumps come back on, it all just blows away. I've since stopped trying. I have moved it further up in higher light. No difference yet.

Thats strange. I would keep trying doing what you did every time you feed the sun coral. It must eat eventually.
What are you feeding it with?

Lobos are one of my favorite LPS corals.

I've had ones in the past that would not show any feeding response, and they did fine as long as the received adequate lighting.
But the ones that do feed, grow rather quickly.
If you keep trying to feed at the same time each day, they begin to show a feeding response before you're ready and it goes quicker.

Two weeks ago, I purchased the Fauna Marin LPS Pellet food.
All my lobos showed a feeding response within a matter of a minute; even the fussy one.
I have a piece with four heads that I'm rescuing from being burned, and it is beginning to recover very nicely from eating the pellets.
The pellet food is soft and very fragrant. My fish and shrimps go crazy hoping to get some.
Give these pellets a try.

Be careful to not move the coral up too high.
All of mine sit on the sandbed and are somewhat tucked close into the rockwork.

Back