local bulkhead supply?

were the union ball valves sch 80 or just 40 i get the 40s from lowes all the time but wouldn't mind swiching to sch 80 on a few parts

I stopped by Lowes in Carrollwood yesterday to check out their schedule 80 supplies. They do carry 1" unions, 8' sections of 1" PVC, and 1" 90's, but that is about it at that store. The guy working there told me I could get schedule 80 gate valves and all kinds of schedule 80 supplies at a place off Nebraska Ave. called Bucks Wholesale plumbing supply. When I bing the place I get a lot of hits so it sounds promising but they are closed on weekends. He also said that Ferguson's (Tampa) has gate valves and such in schedule 80. I'm just wanting to make sure I know of someplace where I can get this stuff in the same day if needed and thought I'd share what I'm learning in case anyone else needs similar. I'll be stopping by to confirm this week.

It turns out that a place called Barnes Industrial is the only local place I could find Schedule 80 true union ball valves in stock. $19/ea.

Not sure why so many people are looking for sch 80. Nothing on our reef tanks requires the pressure rating on schedule 40 let alone 80. Only reason I can see for wanting sch 80 is if you want the grey color.

Back