Local Fish Store Quick Review (New shop)

St.Pete_Reefer

I wanted to give a quick review for http://www.finsandskinsonline.net/

Fins and Skins
8451 49th Street N #102
Pinellas Park, FL 33781

Hours of Business:
Monday-Wednesday 12PM-8PM
Thursday - Closed
Friday and Saturday 12PM-8PM
Sunday 12PM-6PM

727-851-9543

A friend of mine that is new to the hobby recommend them to me and I had no idea they were so close. I've been to pretty much every LFS from St. Pete to Tampa and so far I feel like this is the one I enjoyed the most.

They are willing to help and answer questions, they spent time with me to make sure what I was getting would work with my needs / or solve my problem. Their prices are pretty reasonable but here is the catch, their customer service and knowledge will be well worth the money spent on any items.

I'm in my late 20's and it felt like talking to my friends that are in the hobby, having a good conversation without feeling belittled or pushed to buy products. Also I WAS NOT IGNORED like other stores. Give them a shot if you haven't so far, and post back if you wish to share your experience.

If the LFS is reading this, thanks for the help and knowledge today! :wavehand:

I go there at least once every few weeks and they are really cool people and they do take the time to talk to you.

Just a heads up they are having a huge sale today, just picked up some awesome frags at a very cool price. Good time to check out the shop if you haven't yet.

I have known Joe and Henry for many years. I take care of henrys car. I also get all of my octos from them. Great guys and very willing to help anyone.

Joe kicks butt. used to do alot of business with him back in the day and always found him to be a great person to deal with. I have not been to the shop but if he has a hand in the ownership i have no doubt its great.

I've only bought a few items from this store. I needed a MJ 1200 to try to set up a power siphon. One Skunk Cleaner (which is still doing great 6 months later).

The only issue I have is sometimes I buy live black worms here. They keep them sealed up inside their refrigerator in old unchanged water. If you dont get them within a day or two of them receiving them its a pain to rejuvenate and clean up the worms for safe feeding to the saltwater inhabitants. Id say in my opinion total die off of worms (after getting them home) is 50 percent. Portion size is smaller than other places as well.

On the other hand, I have bought live black worms from Living Color Tropical fish last week and I have no die off after 5 days.

Back