local people?

shouldn't you be working marco instead of posting here!

I agree you can go to any local convient store in the morning and there is usually several Illegal imigrants hanging around looking for work. Pick up a couple and pay them $50 and have them unload it for you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7683665#post7683665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keinreis
shouldn't you be working marco instead of posting here!

alright now ... i just got to the office a little bit ago ... been @ mom/dads house fixin & washin their boat since 7.15am ... i worked & sweat today already.

but i am going to be productive in just a minute .. i'm going to post up pictures of my RO/DI setup & my tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7683665#post7683665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keinreis

I agree you can go to any local convient store in the morning and there is usually several Illegal imigrants hanging around looking for work. Pick up a couple and pay them $50 and have them unload it for you.

and thats how we do! comprende?!

theres my ugly *** inside my tank!

042.JPG

tank w/out me in it.

045.JPG

canopy

046.JPG

canopy open

049.JPG

Air Water & Ice RO/DI system - NICE!!!

047.JPG

NO loose plumbing!
048.JPG

Looks good marco, now lets see some pics of you inside the tank when its filled with water :lol: just kidding of course :rollface:

As for some illegal's unloading my tank, then what happens when they drop it or chip it, who do i sue lol. I've got a crew lined up to help me get it off, it weighs around 800 pounds thou so we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:

coralfarmer84,

fill me in if you don't mind.....

you already have a running 310g setup that you are transfering down here? how are you transfering the LS/LR/Fish/Coral ?

--marco

I jumped the gun a lil bit. I have a 240 gallon tank currently setup here in youngstown. I'm picking up my 310 on monday and coming to naples. Then I'm going to plumb it all and have it ready to run, fill it and get it all ready. Then i'm coming back to Youngstown, packing up everything and moving it down there. I sold my tank here but the guy agreed to wait till august to get it so I have some time to transfer livestock, lights, pumps etc. It will be a strait through drive with everything packed well in oxygen in stryos so I should be ok. the liverock will be in a 55 gallon garbage can filled with tank water so it should be ok also. When i get there i'm going to setup the lights and powerheads etc while i'm aclimating corals and placing liverock. Its going to be one hell of a trip to say the least.

How large is your sump/fuge for the 310g tank? The 65g you have for a total of 375g?!

Good luck with the move!!! Sounds like you have it planned out... Bring some sand down with ya :)

Where in Naples are you moving to? For work? Family? School?

The sump is a 65 gallon custom acyrlic sump also brand new so yea i'll have 375 total. As for sand, its not any cheaper here than there, I'm getting my sand from a guy in miami if you want to carpool and split gas. He has aragonite mined from the bahamas, really fine like southdown for 6 bucks per 40 pound bag. Thats a deal and a half, let me know if you want to go get some with me.

I'm moving out to the estates of naples way out in the sticks, 17 street off of white blvd. My family moved there 4 years ago and I've been living alone since then. So its time to move down and enjoy the weather (and not paying my own bills lol) I'll be going to FGCU this fall as a transfer student (biology major) I'm going to try and get a job at the LFS cuz its near my house so we'll see how that goes.

I see your interested in cars, what types you into (classic?, fords? chevy's)

I'm def going to be needed a point in the right direction for things such as macros for my fuge and high quality fish ( my fish list is $$ male crosshatch trigger, wantatabei angels pair, mystery wrasse, some other sweet fairy wrasses, some of the top end stuff.)

sweet.

as for sand, i would love to get in with this deal ... i need sand.

cars .. hmmnn ... german cars ... vw/audi/bmw/mb .. lol .. sorry, no domestics, or classics.

I'm trying to figure out what i'm going to be doing for fuge/sump ... do you have a diagram? I'd like to get about 50g down in the stand to bump up to about 200g total.

this guy has done some real nice work ... but i just can't justify spending that much + shipping for one of his systems.... i think ... lol
http://www.lifereef.com

--marco

Domestics??? what are those? I have only owned one non-german car in my life, and it was an old jeep.

As far as me getting in on the sand I have more than enough sand for the new 90 gal. I will have to pass on that one. since the set-up starts in 2 days.

well i'll be there tues night so I was thinking prolly thursday or so. If your interested we can set up a time and stuff or exchange numbers and go from there. I'm going to be needing 300 pounds for myself but i'm guessing this is a store cuz he said he keeps 50 bags on hand at all times. For 6 bucks a bag, you'll never find anything that cheap thats aragonite. Its really fine sand like beach sand, just curious why don't people down there just use the stuff on the beach?

As for imports, no problem with luxery imports or mercedes and such. I just hate jap cars that think they are speedy. I'm an american sportscar fan myself, I drive a Mustang Cobra Convertible with 350 horsepower and have a 1964 Ford Fairlane Streetrod with around 500 horsepower. I just like to go fast :D Wouldn't mind getting a porshe or M5 thou. But I think I'll save my money for the tank

I got my sump from Glasscages.com same place i got my tank. They are a deal compared to everyone else.

I hate jap cars also hense the name Keinreis that translates loosly to No Rice in german, but be carefull there are several real impressive 600+ hp hondas running around our neck of the woods.

coralfarmer84 ... are you planning on an auto top-off system? if so .. what are you going with .. i'm going to be setting one up, just not sure on which one.

yea i figure people got money down there so I'll be careful who i race lol.

As for the auto topoff, yea i want one, thinking of doing a homemade one but really have no clue in the purchasing department about how much they are and whats good vs. whats junk. I'll be needing some digital timers as well. I want this tank to require as little maintance time as possible lol. I'm lazy

good man!

I started the sanding process last night since lindsey was working late.

120 grid (spot sand)
220 grid (full front - all grids from here on)

and this morning i sanded for about an hour with 400 grid.

my arms & shoulders are tired & hurting .. and the tank really isn't that large to fit in ... even less when you have to sand it while laying inside.

Back