local people?

for the glass carriers ... call HD, Lowes, NorthernTools, or call a glass company .. maybe with a little cash deposit they would let you borrow them for a few hours .. not sure.

good luck

I just stopped by my mirror shop .. he said NorthernTools has the glass carrier suction cups in 8" & 10" .... good luck!

well heres the update, we carried the tank in today. It took 8 people mostly younger guys in there teens but we struggled. I can't believe it was that heavy, honestly had to be 800 pounds. we didn't use suction cups and it resulted in some smashed fingers... If i didn't have dial up here i would post some pics, its killer. Only thing that ****ed me off was a scratch on one pane and I cracked one of the eurobraces somehow during the trip. But luckily it is reinforced with another pane of glass so it really has no effect on the tank, just my attitude towards it. The scratch is on the outside, anything i can do to remove it? it looks more like a scuff so its driving me nuts. Maybe we could go get some sand on Saturday I'm running way behind schedule.... only thing is my gf has never been to miami so i was just going to make a night of it... but its bedtime and I'm exhausted. I'm going to dream about my tank of the month thread in the near future lol. later

awesome!
lets see some pictures!
i believe there are some glass fillers that will hide small scratches ......

as for my tank ... i built my durso standpipe last night ...

(click for larger image)

If you are going down to MIA & want to stay the night ... just bring back 4 bags for me & we'll meet up somewhere around naples later ... or give me the contact info for the guy & i'll drive over myself sometime next week when i go to the apple store ...

thanks,

--marco

I don't know whats up yet, you might even get there before me, i still can't add water for a week so I'm in no rush. I'll PM you the info and address. His RC name is Treeman.

O and i can't host pics right now because I have crappy dial up till prolly sept. and I'm not going to even waste my time waiting for this stuff to load. Just picture a huge glass box in a good size room surrounded by bedroom items lol.

lol.

well .. i might make a trip to boca this weekend to pickup a 100g acrylic tenecor tank to convert into a sump ... so while in boca maybe i can swing by MIA to pick up sand .... just a thought.

in your sig it says its a room divider ... is it clear front & back with overflows in the right/left side? who made the tank?

--mp

I have felt your pain. Your crew must be a little weak. When I moved my 300 into the house, it only took 7, not 8.

Best part about a tank is the move. I turned down an offer in Fort Lauderdale last week. One of the reasons was that I just don't want to move that thing anytime soon!

hello jdhuyvetter,

post up some pictures of all of your tanks, please.

Tomorrow i will probably drive to boca to pickup a 100g acrylic tank ... .will turn that into my sump/fuge .... unless plans change ... might even go to MIA to pickup the sand.

ehk ... my 3 in 1 trip is canceled ... apple called my machine is not done .. the sand guy is not available tomorrow .... so i'm not driving over for just the tank.

bummer ... maybe tuesday.

off into the weekend we go..... my aquacontroller 3 just got delivered to the house ... can't wait to open the package & mess around with it.

I won't be heading over to MIA myself now till mid next week either. Yea my crew wasn't the strongest but its finally done. I'm in the process of setting up the equipment and getting ready to plumb. I bought all the PVC and fittings, cost me 100 bucks mostly because 2 inch ballvalves were like 30 bucks w/ unions.

Yea the tank is a room divider, with a side overflow on the short wall side. It sticks out and blocks the entrance to my bedroom so soon as you open the door you see it, providing a little privacy like a fake wall to go around, you can also lay in my bed and view the long side of the tank. Its got low iron glass on 3 sides for extra clarity and the tank was made by glasscages whom i dont reccomend. I noticed 2 scratches both on the outside of the tank in which i am outraged about :mad2: Also a small fish eye looking chip on the top of the viewable short side that looks like a splinter effect from cutting the glass cuz its right near the rim. I can't believe it, i think i'm going to dispute the charges with my credit card company because when i picked the tank up they wrap it in shrink wrap so you couldn't tell. I also need to use a razor to remove some of the extra silocone cuz its sloppy and the black trim was falling off the bottom when we tried to move it. Upsetting for how much I paid for this thing. Other than that its still going to turn out beautiful, just going to require some TLC on my part and living with the small blemishes.

If you don't mind me asking ... How much was this tank?

I actually just talked to them about building me a custom acrylic sump/fuge. (48X20X20) ... They were priced fair ... But a lot of people seem to have had issues with them.

I just noticed that the 100g tank will NOT fit under my stairs storage room/"fish room" ... So I'm kind of bummed about that!

i guess i could just say you get what you pay for.... its still the nicest tank i've ever owned hands down because my 240 was used and my 55 was well.... a 55 lol. I paid a total of 1365 for the tank which broke down like this. The 300 wide which equals 310 gallons on the RC calculator was 850 bucks. Then to have it drilled with the overflow cost 170, the low iron glass for extra clarity on 3 sides cost an extra 250. 4 bulkheads came to 60 bucks and the black acrylic shield for the overflow which actually has the overflow slots on it was 35 dollars. So all in all yea the tank was a LOT cheaper than other manuf. charge new BUT new to me is grade A quality ready to set up on delivery, NOT get out your razor blade and scrape off our extra silocone (which isn't why I'm mad) or hey we chipped a piece of glass and since it was expensive we are going to try and hide the mistake with our black trim even thou it won't cover the spot you'll just have to deal with it. Thats really what made me mad. I could live with a couple tiny scratches but not a fisheye or whatever you want to call it. Maybe I'm just a perfectionist but i planned on this being my last ever tank and now its looking like oneday i'm going to buy something else because of the imperfections on this thing. All in All thou I have to say I'm satisfied because the tank is what I wanted and it will be nice when i'm done, just not happy with the few things i mentioned.

I got a 65 gallon sump from them for 200 bucks including the bulkhead which is acrylic and pretty nice.... for a sump.

I'm most likely headed to miami on monday by the way.

if you head over today .. can you bring me sand too, please? call me if you are going ... you have my cell number in your PM box.

thanks,

--marco

Marco, I got the sand but haven't been on here in a while and didn't see that you didn't get over that way yet. Sorry just didn't know if you already got some..... I will say this the stuff is a pain in the butt to rinse. It never ever gets clear so you just have to be happy with a light milky color and then add it. Fortunately my tank had no water so my water will be clear. I'm filling the tank right now, its got about an inch and a half of water in it right now. 3 more days and she'll be full. later

you are right about that .... i just broke one of the PC's this morning ... the 4 prong connector was RUSTED into the socket ... when trying to unlodge the PC from the socket it went ::pPPPFFFFFFFF:: & the tube went partly clear ....

i'm almost done running the water line over to the hardwood area ... i've redone it 2 times now to hide it better .... last night i broke my hole saw kit, and my large wood hole drill ... so i stopped & went to bed.

I think tonight i'll just start ripping up some more drywall, and then be done with it.

I want to get started with running the power lines ... have you heard anything from tommy? if not, then i might just start doing it myself ...

Back