Looking for a stand

Flavum

hey gang Im in the market for a stand that would fit a 90 gallon.

Its 48 inches long and at least 20 inches wide ( I would measure but ive misplaced my tape measurer).

If anyone has anything let me know plz :) thank yous

Is the 20 inches wide a guess??? Or is there a reason you want the extra 2"???

Just curious... I don't have a stand, but that info might be needed for someone else... 90g and 75g have the same footprint... 48x18... :)

well its a 90 but with a 30 gallon sump on the back of it. The extra little area on the back of it is about 3 or 4 inches wide and although it wont be filled with water to the top im sure that would add some extra weight. what do you think I could do for a stand?

I have a stand meant for a 120 gallon....60'' X 19''....has room for sump at bottom and 2 cabinets on each side. It is black

That is what I would recommend... A standard 120 stand is 48x24... You just have to be certain not to get a stand with an open top...

I am really tight on space in my livingroom as my reef tank is already in it. I dont have room for a 5 foot tank actually I dont have room for a 4 foot tank either but im gonna make it happen!

so I need to find a standard 120 stand. Thanks for the help Randy

Thank you anyways geoff :)

I *THINK* my stand and hood will fit a 120G. I may have to cut off the back plate to gain an extra 1/2", though, and add a small strip of wood to bring the back part up to the correct height for a deeper tank. I had made it to hold a 75G tank with a 6" mechanical chase behind the tank, so it should be the right size. See this link and let me know if you are interested. I have somebody coming to look at it this Friday. I'll verify the dimensions tonight if you are interested.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1399642

-Scott

ah thats a beautiful stand Runner! its not what im looking for though. what im looking for is something cheap to be honest. so I think im just going to go the 2x4 route. its not gonna be pretty...

If you like, I can talk to you about how you can shell your 2x4 with some plywood and trim it across the front to dress it up some. Just let me know. I can help you cut it with my table saw -- it gets little enough use these days and I am always up for a good DIY project.

I found a site on the web that gives the outer dimensions (to the outside of the plastic, I assume) of a standard 120G tank as 48-1/2"L x 24-1/2"W x 25-1/2"H

Back