Looking for potential replacements for my O2Surplus boards

Macca_75

Hey all,

I am currently running some DIY LED's. In brief, I have built 3 "units". Each unit has 10 discreate channels I wish to dim. Currently these are being controlled using some O2Surplus boards (2 boards per cluster, giving me 12 channels). Each board on the first cluster has a BlueFish mini controller. The clusters are daisy chained together using a standard CAT5 cable. The net effect is the output if the bluefish mini is daisy chained to 3 O2Surplus boards.

Hopefully that makes sense so far.

I am in the process of converting them to be controlled by my Profilux. I have enough L ports (each L port can control 2 channels and I have 5 ports available).

I have built a Arduino that takes the analogue inputs (from the L port, using a simple pair of resistors as a voltage divider converting 0-10V from Profilux to 0-5V input for Arduino). The Arduino will do a PWM conversion for each channel. This PWM output will be connected to the 2 O2Surplus boards on the first cluster as an input (effectively making the first board a slave) and the BlueFish mini's will be removed.

Hopefully that makes sense.

My dilemma is on closer inspection the O2Surplus boards have had the occasional drop of saltwater splash on them. I'd like to replace them however they are no longer available and I don't believe anyone has the gerber files to get more created.

so..."¦

Does anyone know of a board currently circulating that
a) Uses LDD-H drivers
b) Can control 5 (6 preferable) channels
c) can be daisy chained to more boards (effectively connecting to boards PWM signals in series)

Hopefully the above all makes sense and thanks for reading.

Check out this thread. There are links to some of the Gerbers if I am not mistaken. Just not sure if they are the sames ones as your board. There may also be some alternatives in there. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677797

Edit. Looking back through the thread, I think you found that thread smetime back as I see you posted in it before.

Coralux and Steve's LEDs are probably your best bet, unless you send off for more of O2's designs to be made, which is admittedly very affordable at JLCPCB or similar places.

Check out this thread. There are links to some of the Gerbers if I am not mistaken. Just not sure if they are the sames ones as your board. There may also be some alternatives in there. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677797

Edit. Looking back through the thread, I think you found that thread smetime back as I see you posted in it before.

Yeah - Gerbers are for the wrong board.

I did find a suitable board in http://www.reefpi.net/smf/index.php/topic,178.msg2333.html#msg2333 - guess I need to sign up to another forum to contact the member :-(

Coralux and Steve's LEDs are probably your best bet, unless you send off for more of O2's designs to be made, which is admittedly very affordable at JLCPCB or similar places.

I don't think Aaron every publicly released the gerber files for the board I need.

And reefpi is locked for new registrations :-(

Do an advanced search on this forum for Reefpi and select show posts instead of threads when doing the search. There are several forum members here who appear to be part of that forum. Maybe they could download the file for you and email it to you. I think Oreo could be one such member. I would PM a few members who mention Reefpi and see if they can get you the files.

Do an advanced search on this forum for Reefpi and select show posts instead of threads when doing the search. There are several forum members here who appear to be part of that forum. Maybe they could download the file for you and email it to you. I think Oreo could be one such member. I would PM a few members who mention Reefpi and see if they can get you the files.

Cheers. Will look into it more when I get home.

Post a pic of the boards you have, I might have the files or something else that will work.

Post a pic of the boards you have, I might have the files or something else that will work.

NOTE: Not my picture, but from the other LDD thread running here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25543156&postcount=3512

Ideal Requirements are

• 6 channels
  • RJ 45 as an input and output to daisy chain cards
  • Would be ideal if dimensions could fit into MakerLED Heatsink

We are also chatting over on another forum - which thread would you prefer to keep alive?

Thanks again

Ah, that's you over there :)

Over there works, it's a bit more active than here, and a little, ahem, more open minded on cross-board idea sharing :)

I don't think Cio74 ever made the files public. His preference to avoid open source is one of the reasons ReefPi died :(

I'll have a look and check.

Tim

I don't think Cio74 ever made the files public. His preference to avoid open source is one of the reasons ReefPi died :(

I'll have a look and check.

Tim

That's OK. I'd be looking to buy boards, not the IP or source. But I can't create an account on the forum anyway

That's OK. I'd be looking to buy boards, not the IP or source. But I can't create an account on the forum anyway
You could try messaging Cio74 on eBay, see if he has any to sell. I know at one point he was selling them on eBay.co.uk

Tim

Back