Looking For Saltwater Delivery

skairik

Is anyone getting saltwater delivered to their house? If so, who delivers and how much is it per gallon? I have a 300 gallon storage tank I'm looking to get filled. Thanks all.

catalina delivers but your lfs will have to arrange the delivery for you. per gallon rate is what your lfs charges. i can't remember if they added delivery charge.

check with your lfs. Reef Collection in Huntington Beach delivered for me with a small delivery fee - not much.

Coral Oasis in Irvine, doubt you'd want him to drive all the way to the IE, cuz he'll charge you I'm sure. I had Ben at Coral Oasis fill up my tank when I finally started it up. Check with your LFS's...not sure where in the IE you are.

The fish store on Sierra in Fontana gets deliveries every week, I believe twice a week. I've talked to the driver a couple times.

You may want to ask the store when he will be there next.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6848035#post6848035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drake66
dude that fish store in sierra is expensive lol

No doubt! And all of his fish are sick within days of his deliveries. :rolleye1:

I wouldnt buy anything there except a few knick knacks and so on. Never buying fish there again, and I make my own water. But he DOES get deliveries of water. I'm just suggesting asking when his next delivery is so he can talk to the guy to see about the possibility of having a delivery to his house on the same days.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6848035#post6848035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drake66
dude that fish store in sierra is expensive lol

But still open for business. ;)

I called Catalina about delivery and I think the 300g would meet a minimum. I talked to them about delivering to my shop and not my house and at the time they liked the idea of having a delivery before 10-11am when the stores open up. They come out here to Petworld once a week already so another San Bernardino stop interested them.

I still may do it since I now have a 550g container. :)

SteveU

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6853432#post6853432 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Subpilot
I second or is it third the comment on the LFS on Sierra. He's a crook.

But still open for business.

Not sure what makes him a crook. :confused:
Is it because they charge more than they pay for stuff so they can pay the rent and make a decent living?

Small stores can't compete on price with big-box stores or on-line companies (but I'm sure you already know that). Though I don't think I've been in the store for over a year they have always been very polite to me and I've never felt ripped off if I decided I wanted to buy something.

SteveU

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call him a crook, he's making an honest buck, but he's more expensive. Just so happens that I work in Irvine and can take a quick jaunt up to Marine Depot and pickup things cheaper, or have my wife pick things up from PTF in Pasadena before she comes home from work.

I've just had some bad experiences with fish from his stock, although I have managed to keep his Coris Wrasse and Sand sifting starfish alive.

Obviously, if I didnt have other resources I would be shopping there regularly. And if I have an emergency need for salt, sand, rock or whatever, I'll buy it there cause it's very close. I did pickup one live rock from there. It caught my eye and I HAD to have it. :D

Back