Looking for some help identifying this anemone

Chris_PA_78

Hi I am new to this this forum I am liking it, its very informational!

My question is I purchased this anemone about a month ago it was being sold as stichodactyla gigantea anemone (green carpet anemone) its size is approximately 6"-10" after doing much research and looking at a lot of different pictures of stichodactyla gigantea in my option it does not look like that. I have been feeding it clams and silver sides I've been feeding him every third day he readily accepts foods offered quickly. I recently bought two Amphiprion percula's to possibly host with him within a few hours of the percula's being introduced they hosted for twenty minutes until he ate them (he was fed earlier that day). I have had bubble tips and long tentacles in the past with success figured I would go with something different.

Any help will be most appreciated

Thanx in advance Chris

Here are a few pictures of the culprit

Anemone_1.jpg
[/IMG]
Anenome_2.jpg
[/IMG]
Anemone_3.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That's a haddoni carpet not gigantea.
Haddoni are easier to keep than giantea but are known to eat fish including clownfish.

Many thanx :) is the feeding to often? And how much should I feed him? Pictures above are taken with only moon lights on at that's what he looks like at night during the day he is fully expanded covering a good chunk of the live rock is this normal behavior?
I like him at night he has this awesome fluorescent colored stripes!! I just wished the local fish store would properly mark their items :(

Your feeding schedule is fine. He will grow rather quickly with that much food though.

It's best to keep haddoni's with their natural symbiotic partners. Like clarkii, polymnus, and sebae. It is possible for them to host other species, but it can be risky. Here's a pic of my male ocellaris after a recent run in with my carpet.
sn854098.jpg

I have two ocellaris clowns the one did look like that maybe a little worse I did manage to save his life after the carpet got a hold of him after that I have since moved them to my 55.

I have a bubble tip in there that is doing well and the two ocellaris dont pay him no mind.

Many thanks for your imput I will see about getting a clarkii or a clarkii pair in hopes he wont make a meal out of them like the percula pair I had .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14758176#post14758176 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elegance coral
Your feeding schedule is fine. He will grow rather quickly with that much food though.

It's best to keep haddoni's with their natural symbiotic partners. Like clarkii, polymnus, and sebae. It is possible for them to host other species, but it can be risky. Here's a pic of my male ocellaris after a recent run in with my carpet.
sn854098.jpg

Wow that is crazy, how did you treat it and did it recover??

Definitely a Haddoni. I'd be asking for a credit. Gigantea's generally go for more money than a Haddoni.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14760706#post14760706 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rkelman
Definitely a Haddoni. I'd be asking for a credit. Gigantea's generally go for more money than a Haddoni.

Actually around here it is usually the other way around.

When you compare similar colors, blue to blue, green to green, brown to brown, haddonis are sometimes twice as much as giganteas.

Not sure how the other guy treated his but I transferred my ocellaris to my 55 and in a day or two he was pretty much back to normal.

Wasn't all that much was priced under $50

Back