Looking Into Ordering Some LR

SaguaroSteve

Moved On
I'm really interested in ordering some LR from PA, but I'm skeptical based on some reviews I've read stating they've received rubble, rock that looks like base rock, filled with aiptasia and flat worms, from the picture the product looks amazing....I'm just unsure...

Hi,

We've been importing and selling rock since 1996, and are one of the largest resellers in the US. I can tell you that we are on of the very few, if the only supplier, that actually brings rock in and tanks it in a system to where it's treated like coral. We do not sell any rock boxes that have been setting around dry, etc., on a shelf, waiting for a customer to order it. All of our rock is tanked until you order it, at which we pull out the exact weight you order and sizes you specify. You will need receive a 40lb rock order that contains only 34lbs of total rock.

As far as rubble, base rock, flat worms, aiptasia, etc....

There is always going to be a little bit of broken rock during transit. Just plan on this happening, however it's a VERY minimal amount at that. We pack so this does not happen.

We do not sell base rock as "live rock". Now, having said that, knowing what true liverock is, what it should look like, and how it should be handled, I would argue that Fiji "liverock" is borderline anymore. There is no rock that gets flown via air freight out of Fiji anymore. Every bit of Fiji rock is ocean freighted out of Fiji, meaning the rock is out of the ocean for 3-4 weeks by the time it gets to the reseller. Once this rock is then tanked back in water it will essnetially go bare, losing just about every bit of color and life on it, with the exception of an extremely small amount. This is why we have a big disclaimer on our website to ask about how our current Fiji rock looks before ordering, as it does vary week to week.

I have never heard of any customers receiving any flatworms from our rock. I have personally seen around 800,000lbs of various types of rock come through here in the last 11 years, and I've not had one report of flatworms on it. As far as aiptasia goes, I"ve probably had less than 10 customers out of literally thousands that have said they've had one or two pop up here and there.

At any rate, I think if you ask around and some research on RC over the years you will find that we have some of the best live rock in the industry, which is true live rock.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Well, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question to the fullest and I should be placing an order with you in the near future! What would you recommend for a 29 biocube, bali or manado? Im trying construct a nice structure with a small cave in the middle... Thanks!

Last edited:
I would suggest using the Manado personally, however the Bali looks very nice as well. I still think I would use the Manado though.

I've seen the massive rock pools and quality of rock first hand. PA is local to me and ive been in numerous times. There in a dedicated system with a huge refugium with tons of macro and a skimmer bigger than most tanks. Each live rock pool is lit by metal halides also. All the hitchhikers I've got from PA were a TON of pods and a TON of feather dusters.

And I can agree with the above. Manado rock is some of the better rock I've seen. I've got manado rock in my tank, and it's fantastic.

I too can attest to the quality of their live rock. Great stuff. PA is the first place I look to when ordering just about anything lol.

Back