Lysmata amboinensis larva

Thanks;)
No,I haven´t worked with shrimp this last year,was very busy with fish larvae!
Perhaps I will start again with them this year...

Hello,
Firstly please excuse my poor English!
I read with great interest in this topic, even more because of my turn I have a few hundred larvae LA

System in which they grow is quite simple. A small container connected to the main basin through which water constantly.
But food and leftovers remain on the bottom surface residues do not know how to remove. Larvae are very many and it is impossible to draw a clean container without some of them.

Thank you for your response!

Hi Nairpic,
As you have seen above,raising L.amboinensis is not for anybody.You need to take care of the larvae everyday for 5 months!:fun2:
An upweller system,like that described by Calado & Rhyne makes this much easier;)

Thanks for the reply, Luis.
Please, if you can help me with some ideas about maintaining cleanliness. I could not find anything. Currently, it is the most important obstacle!
Thanks, Ciprian

I know what you mean David,I call it a "masochist game".With fish larvae,they make it or they donÃ"šÃ‚´t,no suspense,you know the results in a relatively short time.
But larval shrimp feed well and grow,and then,a % begin to die after every molt.But some few seem to keep growing and your hopes rise again.But no,they die again and then it is only one and this one keeps running and every morning you rush to check it,with your heart bouncing until you find it.
Pathetic thing a grown up human so concerned about the fate of a bug about the size of a mosquito,somebody said.
And one day,you find it dead.Game over. :(
Last time I had one surviving 99 days.

Know the feeling - it is exactly how you describe...
I even gave the last surviving one a name: Lucky :)
Lucky was lucky not for too long :-( ;-)

Awsome write up. I realise this thread is a few years old, but I will try some question anyway.

How many times a day did you feed them?

Looks like you have bbs down to a science, could you take a few pictures of your culture set-up pls. Also a few pics of the grow out tanks you are using would be much appreciated.

Amboinensis 90 days old

Amboinensis 90 days old

Hello Luis

I've been breeding amboinensis for first time. This time i've been reading this post and it helped me a lot.

Now I only have 3 larvae. They were born 14th december 2015.

I Hope they survive!!!

Hi wanted to post my experience with these. I too could not settle the skunks. I do have some fair success with peppermints. I could not get the skunk zoea past three weeks as well. There's got to be a key to this somehow. It CAN be done. I'm convinced. One observation from the first pic in this thread, is that the zoea I attempted to raise actually were more physically developed. Wondering why?
I took a break from shrimp (although I'm harvesting some peppermint zoea tonight) and started breeding fish. I have clowns, but it seems like the lfs world is overburdened with clownfish. So I decided to go after other marine ornamentals.
Here's a couple of pictures of my work. I've got a Facebook page [MENTION=343041]pauls[/MENTION]PodsAZ, where I post all of my breeding projects and encourage others to post theirs as well. Please check it out. You may learn a couple of things from my video and pics as I'm hoping.
44c52030df9ce8abdec301267092caa6.jpg

cbf781f520ebe9bea7806c31bc0c758b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cool, thanks for sharing!
I wish somebody who has done this successfully would join this thread and share his findings with us all.

btw - I am following your fb page now.

Back