Macroalgae Tank from Japan

Algae Blenny

The tank seems to be almost all macroalgae, with some small gobies.

Here's the link: http://www.t35l.com/4k/suisou-4k.htm

Here are some pics:

4k-1.jpg

4k-7.jpg

There is Halimeda in the pics posted by Algae Blenny. The delicate looking plant posted by hmott is a seagrass, not an algae. Maybe Halophilia decipiens? Which raises the question, where's the substrate? You can see the bottom of the tank and it's mirror-clean? Beautiful presentation, but I'm thinking this may be an "instant" tank?

Piercho.. yes yes yes..thats the one.. Now that I think about it I see what car ment.. he ment halimda.. I've never heard of it called coin plant or money plant so I didn't put that together. I guess I shouldn't have asked in a seperate thread where to get it, when I already have tons of halimeda. Its the Halophilia I want :)

kmk2307 thats the image I was talking about.

Its the Halophilia I want
You'll have to get in line behind me if you mean H. decipiens. ;) I've been looking for a source for over 2 years. I've even considered a trip to Florida to try and collect some. I've seen sources for turtle grass, manatee grass, shoal grass, even widgeon grass, but not paddle grass (decipiens). I don't know why. It would be the most desirable seagrass for a small tank, IMO: grows low, attractive, may grow in lower light levels than other grasses.

Back