magnifica and gigantea

Indeed, strikes me as one of those situations to lay down until the feeling goes away. Tempting fate IMO.

I am not going to attempt it, but I say tempting especially because I just cipro'd a beautiful purple column'd mag for a LFS.... It's still sitting there..... ahh!

Thanks to threads like this I'm on the look for a gig and have already cleared out one half of my 75 and have plans for a 180+ dedicated to gigs and my rock nems

thanks guys.

i have had a gopro camera for a while, but neither of our computers were able to process the video well. finally picked up a mac and this is my first try with the gopro. since the vid really highlights on the anemones, i thought i would share it here as well as in my tank thread. pardon the algae bloom, need to get some more cleanup crew to replace the ones the tusk ate :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OHH-5JRL4fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice Ace. They are very nice.
About food for the Tusk (AKA cleanup crew) about the only thing that last with he Tusk in it are large Turbo. My tank was full of small snails he wipe them out in a month.

thanks minh.

well, i had a boxfish that liked to hang out close to the gig because a cleaner shrimp has made a cleaning station very near its foot. the boxfish seemed fine a couple of nights ago and then was nowhere to be found the next morning. i suspected that she got too close to the gig, and last night my suspicions were confirmed as the gig started to regurgitate what was left of the skeleton. it took all night and part of this morning, but it finally released the undigested remains and looks normal now. hopefully it wont have any effect on the gig other than a probable growth spurt.

you have an amazing tank. Thats could be one of the nicest gigs I've seen.

I have somewhat of an off topic question. In your mag video what is the gorg thats in front of it with the thicker arms/branches? It appears at about 30 seconds into the mag vid. Also where did you get it? if you don't mmind me asking

in another thread, someone was asking for a good video of the tentacle twitch of the gig. so, i did one this morning while the circulation was off for aiptasia killing and coral feeding (pardon the cloudy water). all the movement you see is the anemone moving itself, the tank is completely still.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xQfEwp93Ux0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
just an update on these two:

they made it thru my vacation well - so stressful!

mag has been in the tank over a year

DSC02331_zpsfe12a36d.jpg

and gig has been in the tank about 4 months, in captivity since mid january

DSC02315_zps5100b3de.jpg

final tank video. it has been fun guys :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/usl_Mjxhav0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace is getting out. I got the two anemones from him this past weekend. The tank was drain a few hours after I got the two anemones. Thanks Ace. Goodluck.

Ace is getting out. I got the two anemones from him this past weekend. The tank was drain a few hours after I got the two anemones. Thanks Ace. Goodluck.

You're going to own all of the Gigs & Mags in the US soon....

Back